New here...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Mommy2Addy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone. I just joined here and found my way to this board. I got my BFP yesterday. It was completely unplanned. I'm not even dating anyone at the moment. I met the guy a year ago and have really only been with him about 4 times. And apparently the 3rd time was the charm. lol I think I'm still in shock over the whole thing. I'm 23 (almost 24) and in my 5th year of college. I still was going to have another year to go, but that's all up in the air now. I've only told a few close friends about it. The father doesn't even know yet...I'm not sure how to go about telling him (or my parents for that matter)! Anyone have any advice?! lol

Missing my angel babies 5/23/02, 5/1/05, 9/6/06, 10/11/06, 3/10/10

November 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
welcome and congrats!!!!!! = ) And definitely don't give up hope on finishing college now.. I'm sure you'll be able to find a way.

As for telling your dad.. haha.. I'm probably not too great to ask. I told my parents via phone and I said it as fast as I possibly could. I wouldn't suggest doing that. I'd just be honest and open. Parents usually end up being pretty darn understanding and excited.

Oh, by the way.. I'm Jackie (21) married to Jared (25) for a year and 9 months, and we just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. Hope you stick around.. and definitely go check out your due date club if you haven't yet. I practically live in mine and could never have gotten through my pregnancy without those women.

myspace
November 13th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!

I'm Rebekah(18) married to Shane(18), and we are expecting our first very loved -- but very unplanned baby in April. I am no expert on telling family because I only told my mum (she was the easy one) and she told everyone else but only because we were getting married and none of my family knew( but everyone else at the wedding did) not to mention if I had said it I would have gotten badly harassed by certain members of the family.

November 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Veteran
So, I was writing you a reply last night but my internet crashed for a bit.

I just wanted to say congrats and it looks like you're getting used to the idea judging from your siggy! hehe

Although the timing isn't perfect its great to see you so excited about it! Good luck telling your parents and the father..definitely keep us posted!
November 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to our board.

Don't give up on school, you can always go back when the baby is a little older!

I am also not the best person to ask for advise on telling family, I sent e-cards : /

November 15th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I am also not the best person to ask for advise on telling family, I sent e-cards : /[/b]
That's cute! And I would probably do the same.

Such an adorable picture of your little one, btw!

November 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey and congrats! Im meagan 18, and due with my little girl in march!

Unfortunatley im not the best either, I waited til my mom was really intoxicated before I told her and as for telling the dad...well I told dusty right away, what he doesnt know is he MIGHT not be the dad because I slept with my ex kyle (only once) the day before me and dusty broke up so there is a slight chance that it might be kyles....and as for kyle, well he only found out last week she might be his and thats becaues his mom kept asking me....btw my parents dont know that part either.

But I suggest being up front with your parents atleast...mine are my main support system right now....after they got over the initial shock that is.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 18th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Sal
Congrats and Welcome. I'm Sally, 17, expecting my first baby in May 2008.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my siggy!
December 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
mrsmommy3's Avatar Veteran
hi! im paige, married to matt for almost a year. good luck telling your family and the father, im sure they will be happy. dont give up college, there is always a way! good luck with everything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search