i need your opinions!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Regular
Hi! My name Rachel and i'm new here... i need your opinions... my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex on monday. i am on birth control but i had missed one pill last week. now birth control pills are supposed to prevent ovulation but i believe i still ovulated. last friday i had found what i'm pretty positive was cervical mucus in my underwear(sorry if thats tmi) which would mean i was ovulating or getting ready to ovulate... since i've been on bc for a year now i didnt think i would get pregnant until i read this article last night about bc and breakthrough ovulation... last night me and some friends went to pizza hut and we got the meat lovers pizza. that is my favorite kind of pizza but last night i couldnt even finish one piece of it... it just made me feel so sick... just smelling it made me sick... none of my friends had this problem though... i felt sick to my stomach the rest of the night. this morning when i woke up i was perfectly fine and went about getting ready for school but when i was driving to the train station i all of the sudden felt very sick to my stomach like i had to throw up... i didnt throw up but i did feel sick for about an hour or so... i've been reading a lot about pregnancy symptons and it says that morning sickness doesnt start till about 2-8 weeks after conception and we had sex on monday so its only been five days... could it be morning sickness? i dont think it had anything to do with the pizza this morning because i only ate half a slice last night. i'm going to stop taking my bc just incase plus after reading that article i dont think i can take bc anymore... i think i'll stick with condoms and NFP methods from now on... do you think i could be pregnant? if i am it will definitely be unplanned but i'll be really excited because me and my boyfriend cant wait to have kids its just that now isnt the best time but we'd make it work...

here's the link to the article i read... you all might find it interesting... http://www.prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html

Thanks in advance for your comments!
November 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
anytime you have sex...it is always possible.. take some test go to the doc and get tested! .
As far as morning sickness.. its very unlikly you would have morning sickness right now... It could be because your body is "off" because you missed your pills...ect or maybe something you ate eariler.. could be a bunch of things. Maybe sex was to long/hhard/different... It could be just about anything..
Thanks for the article!
Keep us posted...good luck
November 16th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
it takes about 6 days for the egg to implant into the uterine wall.. therefore you wouldn't really even be "pregnant" yet. And after implantation it takes about 3-4 days for enough HCG to be in your system for even a pregnancy test to work.. and often times pregnancy tests are much more touchy than your body (in other words, they can detect pregnancy when your body is still going "duh")

Of course there is absolutely a possibility that you're pregnant. There always is. However, you wouldn't be having any symptoms yet. Let us know when you test how it goes!

myspace
November 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Regular
Thanks for your replies! i will definitely keep you posted!
November 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Regular
soo on monday i got what might have been my period... i'm not really sure though because 1. it was a week early and 2. it only lasted about 2 1/2 days... Now it could be late for two reasons, either its late because i stopped taking my bc or its implantation bleeding? i've been doing a lot of reading on implantation bleeding and such and idk... i mean it was lighter than my normal periods but it was still heavier than what i would consider spotting... i used tampons and everything... i've never been pregnant before so i'm no expert though... i was really convinced yesterday that it was my period until last night when i noticed nothing... i had it pretty medium on monday and then tuesday it got light and then i had it wednesday morning/afternoon and that was it... i had nothing at all today which is unusual... my periods are normally really heavy and normally last at least 5 days sometimes 7 days... Now i know it could just be messed up due to me stopping bc but i did stop bc back in the summer for a month and this didnt happen... i still had my normal heavy period even after being off it for a month where as now i've only been off it for a few weeks... I was supposed to get my period this sunday or monday so I am going to test tomorrow morning and see what happens... no matter what result i get I'm going to test again on tuesday and see what it says then... do you ladies have any thoughts? anybody have anything like this happen to them? I'll make sure to keep you posted on results!

Thanks!
November 23rd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
that's exactly how my pregnancy started, m'dear.. my bleeding was medium for a day or so, like yours.. but then I continued to spot for two weeks.. but either way, if it's not your norm.. definitely give it a week or so and test!!!

update us when ya do = )

oh and when I say "medium" I mean.. it was pretty significant. I was using tampons as well. The blood was bright red (as well as maroon and red) and there were even (tmi) some clots.

myspace
November 23rd, 2007, 06:21 AM
Regular
Quote:
that's exactly how my pregnancy started, m'dear.. my bleeding was medium for a day or so, like yours.. but then I continued to spot for two weeks.. but either way, if it's not your norm.. definitely give it a week or so and test!!!

update us when ya do = )

oh and when I say "medium" I mean.. it was pretty significant. I was using tampons as well. The blood was bright red (as well as maroon and red) and there were even (tmi) some clots.[/b]
wow thats exactly whats happening to me... i dont have anything now but sometimes when i wipe i have this reddish-brown discharge... i tested today and it came up negative but i'm going to wait till tuesday and test again because thats a few days after i was supposed to get my period... i'll keep you posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search