Anyone else in my shoes?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I just got married in July. We were both virgins when we got married and completely clueless about birth control. I can't take the pill because of blood clot history which also rules out the patch. So we were stuck w/ either an IUD or rubbers. We decided to go rubber/natural.

We both knew that natural wasn't the best way to do it, so we figured that we would only go natural the week after my period, to leave plenty of room for ovulation mistakes. I guess we didn't leave enough room because I got pregnant 4 days after my period had ended, and 3 days after our wedding.

Anyone else here in this scenario?

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

September 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
nat81
First of all welcome and congrats!

That did not happen to me... I was on the pill but had been taking medication for an infected cold I had and it lowered the effectiveness of the pill. My fiance and I now have a wonderful DD!
September 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
I'm not in your shoes but man you really didn't know much about sex! You should've known you don't need to be ovulating to get pregnant it just increases your odds. You can get pregnant on your period! They teach ya that in sex ed. Sorry I just thought that was funny!

September 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHAT?!?! They didn't teach ME that in sex ed. Okay so... I'm feelin' just a little bit dumb right now. Okay so why the heck would anybody try to do it the natural (if they weren't Catholic)?!?!

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search