Parents reactions

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok we have our reactions and the baby's father and unless I missed something...What was your parents reactions to this unplanned pregancy?

Both of mine are happy and support me. My dad was just mad I didn't tell him sooner. I told him when I was like 5 months along. My mom is way more excited then I expected. But I am 19 and do live on my own and work full time so its not like I'm super young and jobless. NO offense anyone.....

September 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
My mom was very distant and mean in the beginning I guess because she was seeing herself and everything she went through with me... she got pregnant at 19 had me at 20... Im 19 pregnant and Ill be 20 by the time my baby is born.. but like I was saying before I guess she was seeing herself and everything she went and felt liek I was goign to go through the same thing.. but after we had a talk(both crying) she loves me and the baby now and is so proud to be a grandma.. she making my U/S pix into a collage and planning my baby shower and a whole bunch of stuff so.. she happy

September 28th, 2005, 09:48 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Well, it was kind of weird because I called my mom and asked her if my Dr was on our new insurance. (We both work for the Sheriff's Office.) She told me yes and asked me what was wrong. I just busted out crying and told her. She asked me if these were happy tears or upset tears. I told her I didn't know why I was crying. I'm 26 and have been married for 2.5 years. She bought me "What to Expect When Expecting." Her and my stepdad are WAY TOO excited to be grandparents.

September 28th, 2005, 11:44 PM
BlueHaze24's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to BlueHaze24
My parents were very upset, and still to this day, don't really like to "talk" about it. Even though I am excited, and want to share my thoughts with them, they just seem to smirk the fact. Like today I had my first ultrasound. (I am 22 weeks, and due Jan 26th) and I found out I am having a girl, and was so excited to tell them, and they just seemed to blow it off. Makes me mad! I am 24 years old, I am not with this baby's father....at the moment, so I think that has a lot to do with why they are upset....being a single Mom, etc. But hell, this is MY life, and they can at least be happy for me! I think this will all change, once she is born. And if it doesn't, then to hell with them! They just don't think that I am ready to have another baby. (I have a 7 year old daughter...her father & I broke up, when she was 5 years old, but he is in her life all the time) So for me to have another kid, and be single, think it just upsets them.

September 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
My mom was VERY upset when I got preg with Alexis. I didn't think she would ever talk to me again! She was mad that I wasn't married. Her words were "things like this don't happen in our family" My mom is a very strict catholic and doesn't believe in sex before marriage. She was most upset that we were not getting married immediately. She thought that I should give the baby up for adoption or get married and lie about the due date....pretend the baby was concieved on our wedding night!!! I refused to do either!!! We just got married on Oct 8th of last year...almost been a year!! Anyway....she still talked to me after that. She made it a point though to let me know she didn't agree with my decision. She has since gotten over it and is now VERY happy about baby #2 on the way...especially since baby #2 was concieved after we got married.

September 29th, 2005, 10:16 PM
My parents were amazing about everything. Matt and I were soooo nervous to tell them but my dad just walked across the room, gave me a hug, and held me in his arms for a little bit. Then he looked at me and said, "I love you and I can't believe you'd think you could ever do ANYTHING to make me love you any less. Whatever you two need, your mom and I are here for you!" My mom didn't believe us at first. We literally had to go get another test and show it to her. She was in shock, but just took a deep breath, told me she loved me, and that even though she wished Matt and I had already been married (we were already engaged) and more settled down, she was excited and happy. I'm only 6 weeks, 3 days and already she's looking in baby stores and at baby clothes all the time. They are both VERY excited!!!

September 30th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Firstimemom21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 21 years old and i havent lived with my parents sence i was 17 so i have no reason to be scared of my mother but i was it took me forever to tell her and when i finally did she was so excited she could hardly stand it. Now she shows up at my house with a new present everytime and everytime i talk to her all she has are questions about my belly I am very happy that she was ok with it.

September 30th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to callmecrazy
I can't believe some of the parent's reactions. You guys just stick it out, the baby and your happiness is the most important thing! Hopefully they will all come around...a little support makes a huge difference.

My mother was standing in the emergency room (after my car accident) when the doctor came in and told me I was pregnant. I was in shock, my husband was in shock and my mother sits there with a huge smile on her face. It was all she could do to keep from standing and cheering! I've already got 4 kids, I never would have imagined that one more would have made her so happy.

He told his mother and she was supportive, but definitely understood why we were shocked and a bit stressed.

Now all is "perfect" and we are having our #5 in December.

September 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its so sad when parents are dissapointed because of their children having a child. Maybe its because they feel they have failed as parents or maybe its because they realize that they are getting old. A lot of parents are probably suprised their kids are having sex. A baby is a blessing no matter when he/she comes into this world or how old the parents are. I had lived with my bf in my moms house when I was 18 and I always had my bf's spend the night with premission. So its not like my parents didn't know the possibility of them become grandparents.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search