This is supposed to be happy--why am I so stressed?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM
bprincess340's Avatar Veteran
When I found out I was pregnant in the middle of October, I was so scared to tell my boyfriend. We've been together 2 years, and I was so scared he'd freak out and leave me. Well, he actually took it really well, and has been so supportive and just wonderful so far. Last Tuesday he proposed. Which is great, I'm happy! Even better is finding out he had been planning it since August and knowing that my bfp wasn't the only reason...anyways, I am so stressed now I can't sleep. I had hopes of a big wedding and reception and a pretty dress and all my friends and family...well, now he wants to make it official in Jan or Feb when I'm 4 or 5 months along, probalby at the courthouse. He says we can still have a ceremony and reception in NOvember (he is a manager at a theme park and can't have any weekends off March -end of October, plus a lto of our friends work there, too) However, I have been told that that is not an okay thing to do, that once you are married you are married and by having a ceremony and reception after the fact is considered rude.
Another reaswon he wants to do it like, NOW is because I'm a teacher and I'm planning on taking a year off after I have my baby in June. I will only have insurance until end of July, although he could put the baby on his insurance, I'd be uninsured for 4 months. I understand where he's coming from, but I have so much going on right now, I want to concentrate on baby and my job, and not have to stress about a wedding. I know it's selfish, but I want my dream wedding.
Does anyone have any advice or have you been trhough something similar?
Another option is a destination wedding in Feb, which I'd be okay with, but I don't know who to trust and the internet is so shady.

http://filmsaboutghostsmo.blogspot.com/
November 28th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Regular
Hi! to the board and congrats on your bfp! now i just want to say that i am not an expert by any means at all... i have never been pregnant and i'm not married... i might be pregnant (i'm waiting it out still) so i've had similar things going through my mind recently so i thought i could possibly be of some help or reassurance... me and my boyfriend have been talking a lot about what would happen if i got a bfp and marriage has been a very hot topic. if i am pregnant there is a possibility i would take off a semester of school which would mean i would no longer have insurance... My boyfriend on the other hand has a full time job with good benefits that i could be added onto if we were married... I also want to have that dream wedding. i had actually had the same thoughts you did about getting married and then having another ceremony and reception later so that i could have that big wedding with all my family there... i never heard that was rude which i find very curious... i don't really find it rude but then again i'm not a wedding expert so how would i know i guess. If i were you i would look into different things like medicaid... also i believe in the resources for unplanned pregnancy thread i believe someone talks about a program that is similar to medicaid called RiteCare i think. I would think that would be able to supply you with insurance during those months you'd be without it... So it's definitely something to look into. You shouldn't feel like you need to rush getting married just so you'll have insurance... I would just look up as many resources as you can... here's the medicaid website http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaid/. I don't know if any of this was helpful to you but i thought i would give it a try! good luck with everything and don't give up on your dream wedding!
November 29th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hello!

DOnt worry at all! I am actually doing the courthouse thing in the next month or so and next year we are doing the big ceremony with wedding dress and bridesmaids I am waiting because i want to lose alot of weight and get back to what i was before i had my DD. Some people have been giving me a hard time to but I really dont care!

If it makes you happy then thats all that matters, thats how i am looking at it, i dont care that its weird or whatever the only one who needs to be happy on MY wedding day is me and DF!! If people think its rude they can.... well you know lol

Good luck!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
November 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best

Hi! I don't usually post in this board but I was floating by and saw your post.

First - BIG congrats on your baby, and on your engagement! That's wonderful!

I just wanted to let you know that a destination wedding can be booked through a travel agent very easily. Lots of resorts have wedding packages and they're totally legit. You don't need to use the internet. I've been to lots of weddings where they were married on the beach and a few months after coming home had a reception. You still wear the pretty dress, give speeches, have a party, all that good stuff. There's nothing wrong with a courthouse ceremony, but if I were you I'd scoot down and do the romantic beach wedding with your DH (or go to the mountains, or wherever is pretty) have your little one, and then throw yourselves a big party celebrating you AND your baby.

Believe me - the people who love you will want to celebrate with you, regardless of whether it's now, in 6 months, or in a year. You CAN have the party you want.
November 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
welcome and congrats!!!

my husband and I got married in las vegas to avoid his family drama in feb. 2006. we then came home and had a huge reception in april.

keep us updated with whatever you decide to do, and good luck!

myspace
November 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
bprincess340's Avatar Veteran
Thank you EVERYONE for your responses! It's so nice to get positive feedback! I was afraid to post my situation on here. I posted on another board and totally got slammed. I would post some of the awful stuff they said, but I will never go back there again. After I read the posts I bawled, and my fiance got upset...so I'm glad to hear otehr people either HAVE done it, or are considering it! Thank you all so much, you have restored my faith in humanity and the internet As silly as that sounds.

I just don't knowwww anymore (whining!) If we can pull the destination thing off, I want to do that and then have a reception in the fall. I actually found some really cute maternity dresses online. I think that I can't plan a big thang for February here in town, too short notice, but I would be cool with a big reception/celebration come November!

I'll let ya'll know when it's decided for sure. I realllly do thank you for your support, you are fabulous.

PS I am going to try a travel agency, too!

Thank you EVERYONE for your responses! It's so nice to get positive feedback! I was afraid to post my situation on here. I posted on another board and totally got slammed. I would post some of the awful stuff they said, but I will never go back there again. After I read the posts I bawled, and my fiance got upset...so I'm glad to hear otehr people either HAVE done it, or are considering it! Thank you all so much, you have restored my faith in humanity and the internet As silly as that sounds.

I just don't knowwww anymore (whining!) If we can pull the destination thing off, I want to do that and then have a reception in the fall. I actually found some really cute maternity dresses online. I think that I can't plan a big thang for February here in town, too short notice, but I would be cool with a big reception/celebration come November!

I'll let ya'll know when it's decided for sure. I realllly do thank you for your support, you are fabulous.

PS I am going to try a travel agency, too!

Hey, if this posted twice, I apologize! Everytime I go to post it does something weird, and I saw I had a double post earlier, too!

http://filmsaboutghostsmo.blogspot.com/
November 30th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Regular
You're welcome! I hope everything works out! I'm sorry that other board was so mean! I can guarantee you this board is really nice! i was lurking here a lil while before i posted and when i did start posting, everyone has been so helpful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search