Just found out

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Regular
Hi everyone!Im new to this forum.

Im 29 years old. I had a relationship for 7 years with someone which recently ended. We were having unprotected sex for 3 years but i never got pregnant. So i figured there must be something wrong with me. We both wanted a child but we weren't trying desprerately to have one. If it happened then we would keep it.

Anyway, im i a new relationship for 7 months now and we have unprotected sex without ejaculation though. Well, yesterday i found out that i pregnant!!! I was late for 8 days but with no symptoms at all. Just menstrual type cramps which made me believe that i was going to get my period.

My boyfriend doesnt want this baby. He says he is not ready yet. Maybe in a couple of years we will have a child. I m so sad, i cant raise this child alone. So i will probably not keep it. I try to postpone the abortion but i know in the end i will do it.

Another problem is that i had some dental x-ray before i knew about the pregnancy. And my boyfirend is a doctor and his says that x-rays are really dangerous for the fetus. What do you think guys? Is this true or is ti just an excuse to have the abortion? I searched the internet and i couldn't figure it out for sure. Other sites say that the radiation is not enough to heart the fetus, and others say it is a possibility.

I also had 2 operations for HPV infection, and i think maybe an abortion would increase my possibilities of not having a child in the future. What do you think?

Thank you all for listening. I will get back to you to update my story. Please dont judge me. I m in a lot o emotional pain right now.

Good luck to you all.
November 30th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
Do not let him decide whether or not YOU will keep this baby. Please don't be that weak minded (not in an offensive way at all..). If you want this baby, KEEP this baby.

I had x-rays before knowing I was pregnant. My baby is fine, and I'm sure she will continue to develop well.. and if I'm any indicator, she'll be an intelligent little brat, too = )

Yes, having an abortion may ruin your possibility at a future child. Especially if you've had previous surgery.. I'm actually kind of surprised that you were able to get pregnant at all without trying, as I'm sure you have some scarring.

Why don't you give the baby up for adoption? In my humble opinion, if you chose to have sex without any protection, you AT THE VERY LEAST owe this baby that. You refuse to do it on your own? That's fine. It's your choice.. but this baby didn't ask to be conceived.. and I'm sure given the choice, it wouldn't ask to be "de-conceived". (trying to be politically correct and not say "killed" here)

There are MANY MANY MANY women that would absolutely KILL to have your child. I know of several. I'm sure just about everyone does. A life is a terrible thing to waste. And make no mistake.. it is a life.

Finally, if you are absolutely adamant that you're going to get an abortion, PLEASE don't be one of those disgusting people that puts it off. That's very very very sick, once again, in my humble opinion. The longer you wait, the more the baby is developing. That's just wrong. I mean, at this point.. it's NOT just a cell anymore.

Sorry if this is harsh.. I've had no sleep in two days, I'm ready to murder my husband, and I love my baby with my whole heart and the thought of ME having an abortion makes me sick to my stomach. (I was not at all happy about conceiving her, and I seriously considered it.. though when it comes right down to it, it's completely against my morals as a human being with feelings.)

I'm here as living proof that I wanted nothing more than to not be pregnant.. and now I couldn't possibly love my daughter any more than I do. She is the entire reason that I'm even still WITH my husband.. she is my life.. the one that makes me smile.. and absolutely perfect.

myspace
December 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Regular
Hun think of it this way...men can be sort term....your decision wont be.. you'd be amazed at the power you can have to over come obsticals like this!
December 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completly agree with everything Jax said.

My bf wanted me to have an abortion aswell, now he cannot imagine life without our son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search