18 yr old and pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
All I can say, is that when I was 15, I got pregnant and I aborted the baby and I regret it to this day, and currently I am married and just found out I am pregnant with twins, very unexpected, considering I had my daughter a little over 5 months ago, but it is so worth it. I wish you the best, and you have made a wonderful decision, that I am sure you will never regret, children are so wonderful and such joys.

December 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to bellax0 Send a message via Yahoo to bellax0
like everyone else said. I had an abortion at 16 (coerced by my bf, doctor and parents) and regret it to this day

It's not the wrong decision for everyone, though.. I know people who dont regret it at all

Im glad you made the decision thats right for you
December 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
Congrats on your decision to keep the baby!! Every sacrifice you make for your little one is 100% worth it! I was 17 when I had my son (exactly weeks before my 18th birthday) and he is the most important thing in my life! I couldn't even imagine my life without him here!

December 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Im so happy you have decided to keep the baby. It is gonna be such an amazing experience! I had my first child at 15yrs old(in 2001) and I got pregnant again at 16(in 2002) and got an abortion. I will forever regret it.. such a bad experience. I got pregnant again that same yr and had a baby boy in 2003 when I was 17, I lost him due to health problems. I got pregnant again at 19 but had a m/c and a couple months after that I got preggo with my 2nd daughter and had her in 2006. Im now pregnant again at 21 and due in June..I am sooo excited! This will be my 3rd child+my son in heaven A child is truly a blessing.
December 18th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Ilovemy3sons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ash4 - It's been awhile since you posted this, but I just now saw it. I was 17 and just finished my junior year in high school when I found out I was pregnant. My situation was bad. I had an abusive jealous boyfriend. I hid the fact that he was abusive from my parents. I was terrified ans felt so ashamed. I waited months to tell my parents. It was the hardest thing to do. They were upset and disappointed at first. I remember my dad asking me "So what are you planning to do?" I said "I'm keeping it." And he said "I know you're keeping it but I hope you're not planning on married him!" It was never a question that I was keeping my baby. I have strong feelings on abortion. I feel like if you abort this baby just because you're young, you will regret it.

I broke up with my boyfriend after the baby was born because I knew I had to. My baby gave me the strength to do that. I didn't want him to see the abuse and think that was the way it was supposed to be. I finished high school and went on to get my associates and bachelors degrees in college. My parents offerent to keep the baby for me and let me go off to college, but there was no way I could leave my baby. I went to nearby colleges and worked. My parents were so supportive and helped me in any way I needed it. You have the support of your parents and that's so wonderful!! You can do it! Your life is not over.

The very first time you hold that baby, you will know that it is all worth it. I hope you make the right decision for you.
December 22nd, 2007, 02:02 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
aww im glad you decidedto keep your baby congrats!! come and join the teen mommies and mommies to be board

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search