18 yr old and pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Regular
hi people!!

i am 18 years old and only been out of high school for a few months and i just found out 2 days ago i am pregnant. I am seriously considering an abortion. My parents want me to keep the baby but i am so young i have so many plans for my life i dont want to have a child. Its only been 1 week since we had sex last is it too late to take the abortion pill or will i have to goto a abortion doctor ? My friend told me something called RU486 can solve my problem.

does anyone have any advise?

ashley-
December 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
MamaBx3
Hi , My name is Britanie, I'm 19 and have 2 little girls.. 1 of which I had when I was 17 (a month shy of 18)

The Morning After pill isn't an option now because it has to be taken right away.. (right after you have unprotected sex), not as soon as you find out you're pregnant.

I have strong feelings about abortion, So I'm not going to talk much about that.

I think you should do what you feel is best for you .. But make sure you are very informed and understand exactly what an abortion is .. I've heard too many stories of regret from women who have had abortions. Please just be informed if it's what you choose in the end.

I was scared when I found out I was pregnant .. I had soo many mixed emotions and I was very confused about what I should do .. But I can honestly tell you that I don't regret the choice I made. My parents are extremely supportive and helped me a lot with my DD.. It really helps if you have a supportive family .. And it sounds like you do if they are wanting you to keep the baby.

Good luck... Please keep us updated . You won't be judged here at JM, We are here for support

*Edited to add , You should check out the Teen Mommies & Mommies To Be board. . . The girls in there are really great and maybe it will help you with your decision.*
December 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Regular
Quote:
Hi , My name is Britanie, I'm 19 and have 2 little girls.. 1 of which I had when I was 17 (a month shy of 18)

The Morning After pill isn't an option now because it has to be taken right away.. (right after you have unprotected sex), not as soon as you find out you're pregnant.

I have strong feelings about abortion, So I'm not going to talk much about that.

I think you should do what you feel is best for you .. But make sure you are very informed and understand exactly what an abortion is .. I've heard too many stories of regret from women who have had abortions. Please just be informed if it's what you choose in the end.

I was scared when I found out I was pregnant .. I had soo many mixed emotions and I was very confused about what I should do .. But I can honestly tell you that I don't regret the choice I made. My parents are extremely supportive and helped me a lot with my DD.. It really helps if you have a supportive family .. And it sounds like you do if they are wanting you to keep the baby.

Good luck... Please keep us updated . You won't be judged here at JM, We are here for support

*Edited to add , You should check out the Teen Mommies & Mommies To Be board. . . The girls in there are really great and maybe it will help you with your decision.*[/b]
hi bubbaloo thanks for the reply you have cute kids

i am thinking very long on this decision i know its hard one to make
December 3rd, 2007, 03:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I believe the morning after pill works up to 8 days.. with it's reliability decreasing a little each day after the first day (in other words.. there's no garuntee that it will work).

However, if you just had sex a week ago, that's not what got you pregnant. It takes at least 10 days to show up as a positive.. so in other words, the morning after pill isn't going to work because you're already definitely past the 8 day marker.

myspace
December 3rd, 2007, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hi Ash4,

The morning after pill only works for 72 hours after unprotected sex, I am sure you could google it and get more information. I was wondering have you considered adoption you could even do an open adoption. Make sure you spend alot of time thinking about it, this decision no matter what one will be with you for the rest of your life! Good luck!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
December 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Regular
Quote:
Hi Ash4,

The morning after pill only works for 72 hours after unprotected sex, I am sure you could google it and get more information. I was wondering have you considered adoption you could even do an open adoption. Make sure you spend alot of time thinking about it, this decision no matter what one will be with you for the rest of your life! Good luck![/b]

thanks i have been thinking for 24 hrs straight with no sleep an i decided to keep the babe talked with my parents and they are so happy.

i did lots of research of the drug for the morning after pill called Mifeprex and its not for me and i cound not go through with the real abortion after some horror stories i read

This drug can end an early (undesired) pregnancy (this medicine should not be taken if more than 7 weeks have passed since your latest menstruation. Before you use this medicine you should closely read and fully understand the effects of using Mifeprex. You will have to sign an official Patient Agreement that states that you wanted to end the gestation.

If your pregnancy has not ended despite your treatment with this drug you will probably have to undergo a surgery (if you have this baby, there will probably be severe birth defects and complications). A treatment with Mifeprex is known to cause bleeding and cramping (these symptoms regularly indicate that the medicine is working as it should). However, some patients have experienced bleeding and cramping and the pregnancy did not end. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you see your personal physician 3 days and 2 weeks after taking this medicine. These symptoms usually last for 13 days (however, in some cases they have lasted 30 days). While you are bleeding (the amount of blood will probably be slightly larger than the one you regularly loose during a regular period) you might even pass tissue and blood clots. Some patients had to undergo curettage to stop an abnormally heavy and unbearable bleeding. This is why you should alert your personal physician right away if you think the bleeding is abnormally heavy.

warning about abortion pill

and see here

http://readthetruth.com/abortion-methods.htm

im pretty excited now that i am going to keep it

December 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay!!!! congrats on your decision... I'm so happy for you! you're going to be a great mom. It's so much fun. As I type rather slowly now I'm feeding my 6 week old daughter in one arm and stamping out keys with the other. Libby was not at ALL expected, and I was so upset at first... now I couldn't possibly be any happier. I am truly blessed, and you will be too!

myspace
December 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
MamaBx3
I am so happy that you decided to keep your precious baby

Congrats !!!

I hope you decide to stay and post at JM .. There are tons of great boards here !
December 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Congrats on your decision! I know that its scarry at first, but remember you have quite a few months to let it sink in and to get everything ready. I was 18 when i got pg too- im 19 now and due in feb. Its a scarry thought- but im really excited! Me and the father are getting married and couldnt be more happy. And as you have been told the girls on here are really great- and are there for you about anything! Also within i would recomend talking with the girls in your due date club too- because they are going through the same things as you are every month- we are really close in the Feb. ddc- so i hope yall can have the same relationship over there too- well good luck!!!

December 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Yaay congrats! Babies are wonderful.

Just wanted to add that my grandmother took the 1965 version of "the morning after pill" and all it did was give my father learning disabilities. It's really sad.
December 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh yes, definitely join your ddc.. granted, it couldn't POSSIBLY ever be as awesome as the november 2007 ddc.. but.. I'm sure it will still be fun

The women in my due date club have been one of the greatest joys and the biggest source of strength in my pregnancy. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

myspace
December 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
congrats on the decision to keep your baby I was 18(my partner was only 17) when I found out I was preggo, I thought about abortion if only for a fleeting second and now I don't even know what was going through my mind at that awful second. You should stick around and join a DDC, their a great support system!

December 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
mrsmommy3's Avatar Veteran
to be honest, i was 16 when i had dd it was very unexpected. honestly my first 2 daughters were from oops! and our last was planned. I am thrilled that you decided to keep the baby, when you look at your child i promise you it will all be worth it. its a love you could never explain. keep us updated and i hope that you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!
December 4th, 2007, 05:08 PM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
former unplanned/teen mom here, just lurking...
i know i'm jumping in late, but i have to clarify something: the morning after pill is NOT the same as the abortion pill! the morning after pill can prevent conception from occurring but will not affect an established pregnancy. it chiefly goes by the trade name planb. ru486 (mifeprex) is an abortion. it is a pill taken to cause death and expulsion of an established pregnancy. interestingly, it also goes by the trade name cytotec, and is used (off-label, and unsafely) to induce labor at term.
i am very anti-abortion, but think the morning after pill can be a godsend, so i feel a need to correct this myth whenever i see it, even if it's none of my business
but congratulations on your pregnancy! may it be happy and healthy!
December 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Regular

thanks everyone for the kind words, im sure i will be reading lots of stuff on here and posting more i hope cause there is lots of good information

December 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
mrsmommy3's Avatar Veteran
wishing you the best!! take care!!
December 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Veteran
Quote:
well speeaking from experience abortion isn't really worth it. i got pregnant at 17 and my mom forced me to have an abortion. here, at 17 you mom may choose abortion for you and it hurts so bad. i am pregnant again due in March and my mom wants me to have another abortion but i won't. if you are going to have an abortion, i advise you to think long and hard about it because it may be one of the hardest decisions of your life and once do it there's no going back. have you thought about adoption/? anyway i will be praying that for you. take care and God blessxx[/b]
She decided to keep the baby! It was in one of her replies. (And I can agree that abortion is the hardest decision..and it constantly hurts)

Congrats on the little one and keep us updated here! Ask any questions you may have.

What are you hoping for? Boy or Girl? hehe
December 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hi, i was 18, 19, 22, and 24 when i had my little ones and here i am again wiht number 5 on the way.. and im 25.. im not big on aborion i would never do it, looking back if i did abort my kids or even one of them i would be lost. Just cause you are now bring a child in this world doesnt mean u have to stop everything, u can still do want u want.. and by the sounds of it, it sounds like your mother is going to be great help too.

</div>

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search