Finding Out!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much in a while but between finishing my senior year of college, planning a wedding, and having a ridiculous amount of morning sickness I've been pretty busy. I just wanted everyone to know that my fiance' and I are finding out the sex of the baby through the baby gender mentor test. You can do that bloodtest at 5 weeks post conception, which would have been Sunday or yesterday. I know the exact dates because those were the only two days I saw Matt while he got a 48 leave before a special assignment in Iraq. The bloodtest tests the mothers DNA to see if there is a Y-Chromosome present or not. Apparently some of the baby's DNA crosses the placenta into the mother's bloodstream and so if the baby is a boy there should a Y-Chromosome present, if not only the X Chromosome is present. My OB said he believes the test is highly accurate and probably more accurate than predicting gender by ultrasound. The test was kind of expensive ($275) but both sets of grandparents to be REALLY wanted to know so they offered to pay for the test and since we want to find out what we're having anyway...we took them up on the offer. We sent the blood to the lab yesterday and it's supposed to take no longer than 48 hours once they receive it to get results. I got an email this morning saying they received the blood sample so yay...only 48 hours till we know!!! We are so excited!!!

October 5th, 2005, 06:22 AM
nat81
Sounds exciting! When we wanted to find out the sex of our baby, she was not cooperating! So the untra sound tech looked under her bum and saw no boy part and said "I would say it's a girl but you might want a second opinion". Neeldess to say we didn't paint the nursery pink and just buy girl clothes since we weren't 100% sure... In the end, she was a girl... I'd had a feeling also though.

Good luck and maybe hold off on painting or buying anything for one sex or the other if the test isn't 100% accurate... you never know (but that's just me )!!!
October 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah we will probably hold off until the u/s anyway, but I've had a really big feeling it's a girl anyway, even though I've always imagined having a boy first! Either way I'll be excited!

October 6th, 2005, 05:41 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
i was about 16 weeks pregnant and still high risk and i asked my doc what the baby was and every time i had an ultrasound(which was about every two weeks) the baby just rolled away or closed legs.

then at 19 weeks i got a high afp so i had to have a level 2 done.before even asking if the baby had signs of spina bifida i asked the tech if it was a boy or a girl. she said she was 95 %sure it was a girl because when the doc came to look at me after she was done the baby's legs were spread wide open and there was no boy parts.

the next day i had another appointment with my doc and he also agreed that it was a girl because her legs were spread open again.

now her closet is filled with pink clothing and if for some reason she comes out to be a boy im going to have to do alot of returning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search