Please help

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Regular
I am 35 and married-we have 5 kids (1 his, 2 mine, 2 ours) our youngest is 19 months old and has some developmental delays but is improving. I got drunk last month (1st time in AGES) and had UNPROTECTED sex with my husband-which I have never done in the 10 years we have been together. The next day, realizing I was in the middle of my cycle I took the Plan B (morning after pill) and then again 12 hrs later as instructed. We had thought we might like one more baby but with our youngest in therapy we wanted to wait to see how he progressed. Anyway I have taken 5 pregnancy tests (the last one digital) all are positive and I CANNOT believe it! I don't understand why the plan b didnt work. I took it within 16 hrs of having sex. I am in shock and pissed that I was irresponsible. I am scared because I wasn't preparing my body for a pregnancy (still smoked, wasn't taking vitamins) I just don't know what to think or do. I just need some other moms input....
December 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
:hugs:

They always say that whatever you do before you know you're pregnant is VERY unlikely to effect the pregnancy. I'm sure your baby will be just fine definitely don't stress about it. I know it's probably a difficult situation with one baby just now catching up, but I'm sure when it gets down to it, it'll be easier than you think. No matter how you look at it, this baby had to have a reason to be born to surpass all these hurdles (such as EC and being the ONLY time you've had unprotected sex)

I know the circumstances aren't prime, but I wanted to say congrats. And keep us updated!

(by the way, my mom was 37 when I was born, so it can definitely work out)

myspace
December 11th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Hmmm...

You're pregnant, I don't see how we can help you with that. I'm sorry you're frustrated and we're always here to vent to, of course. But I have many, many emotions towards "The morning after pill". My grandmother took one when she got pregnant with my father, obviously it didn't work then either and he was diagnosed with Dyslexia because of it. Of course, that was the 1966 version.

I'm sure your little one will be fine and the newer version is better, but I still would refrain from making that mistake again. I would work harder from this point on, I did somethings before I found out I was pregnant that I know I shouldn't have and Audrey is just fine. As long as you've stopped now, that's all that matters.

Good luck.
December 11th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely not trying to be snotty here, but I don't want you to feel like you can't post and be received well.

I have to disagree with mel.

While I would not personally take ECP, it's legal to do so, and it's a person's personal choice. Also.. about the dyslexia thing.. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I did some research on the subject and could find no link connecting the two. ECP is literally just a stronger doseage of BC. It either works or it doesn't.. it absolutely shouldn't give you any side effects at all. Just like babys that are conceived on BC are born perfectly healthy (I can attest to that, as my daughter was.. and so were a few other babies that I know).

There is no difference whatsoever between ECP and BCP, other than the dosage in the pill that you're taking.

And I can't really see how you made a mistake here. It's not like you're a 15 year old that's never used protection and now "oops" you're looking back going "huh?". You knew the reprecussions of your actions, and responded accordingly. You did everything within your control to be responsible and take all percautions to minimize the possibility of actually becoming pregnant.

All that being said, before I knew I was pregnant, I took antibiotics and had a few glasses of wine one evening. Libby, my daughter, is just fine. Once again, I'd like to extend my congratulations and I hope that you will keep us updated on how things are going. Stick around.. go check out your Due Date Club (they're so much fun).

myspace
December 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
well first of all congrats!

I am sorry about the circumstances that this pregnancy occured from but I am sure your baby will be ok. I did MANY thing before I knew I was pregnant I regret and I wasn't on prenatals not to mention I was on BCP for the first 6 weeks of pregnancy.
And my little one is just fine!

December 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Regular
Thank you for the replys, ecspecially Jax-I have never used Plan B before and I really struggled internally with even taking it. My mom actually took birth control on purpose when she was pregnant with me because the doctor said it would keep her from miscarrying. Anyway I do really appreciate the support. I have an appointment with my doc on Thursday. I am still very much in shock but am realizing that OBVIOUSLY this baby was meant to be.
December 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
My son was conceived while I was on BC and taking the morning after pill TWICE! He is fine and the doctor said that there will mostly likely not be any damage done by it later down the road. Again, like Jax said, it's a stronger BC and it either works or it doesn't, just like the BC pill. Congrats, although I'm sorry it happened when you didn't want it too.

December 12th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My son was conceived while I was on BC and taking the morning after pill TWICE! He is fine and the doctor said that there will mostly likely not be any damage done by it later down the road. Again, like Jax said, it's a stronger BC and it either works or it doesn't, just like the BC pill. Congrats, although I'm sorry it happened when you didn't want it too.[/b]

Wait until your little one gets here, you will not be pissed off anymore.

Congratulations.

December 18th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Regular
Update-Well I did get over being pissed, was still very surprised. My husband was happy and supportive. Had an HCG level on 12/13 it was 296 (normal) then today at work I started bleeding. Not much and it did stop but went to doctor and another HCG level drawn was 227. So now baby not viable with that drop and no increase. I feel really bad because I didn't want to be pregnant and I feel guilty for taking Plan B because maybe it would've been fine if I hadn't. I know in my head that I didn't cause this to happen but it still hurts my heart.
December 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. Just try to remember that sometimes your body knows when something just isn't right with the baby...

myspace
December 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, sometimes these things just happen.

December 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
alb1382's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry sweetie
I know that's a lot of up and down for you..I can't imagine how confusing that must be...
no matter what...your body knows best and we're here for you either way...you're in my thoughts and prayers...please keep us posted
December 24th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((hugs)) I can imagine it must be a huge shock to you to find yourself pregnant, esepcially after taking the MAP!!

If you need someone to chat to, I'm here... I just found out I'm pregnant with #2.......

December 25th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hmmm...

You're pregnant, I don't see how we can help you with that. I'm sorry you're frustrated and we're always here to vent to, of course. But I have many, many emotions towards "The morning after pill". My grandmother took one when she got pregnant with my father, obviously it didn't work then either and he was diagnosed with Dyslexia because of it. Of course, that was the 1966 version.

I'm sure your little one will be fine and the newer version is better, but I still would refrain from making that mistake again. I would work harder from this point on, I did somethings before I found out I was pregnant that I know I shouldn't have and Audrey is just fine. As long as you've stopped now, that's all that matters.

Good luck.[/b]
Ummm... well I'm a researcher and I can tell you that the morning after pill is not a possible cause of Dyslexia according to the peer-reviewed literature. In fact, the etioligy of dyslexia remains largely unknown though substantial evidence from multidisciplinary research suggests that it is a disorder of GENETIC origin with a basis in the brain (so no pill would cause it). This is stated over and over in the literature but if you need a citation, try Saviour & Ramachandra, 2006.

February, 2005
August, 2005

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search