Medi-cal????

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2005, 07:03 PM
tzbabygirl4321's Avatar Member
Hey ladies,
I am new to these boards and am due Dec.26 with my first baby. I live in Hesperia,CA...My DH just got a new job where the insurance wont kick in until after the baby is born, so for now I am on medi-cal. I have been having lots of problems with them ever since I got a new worker. You are supposed to go in between the 1st and 10th of every month and sign a form so you will be covered for that month. For my past 2 appointments when I go to the docs they tell me that it is showing that I am not covered by medi-cal, but I have been since April and go at the beginning of every month to sign my paper work. Whenever I call my worker to ask her why this is she simply says "well it shouldn't be saying that". Well thus far when it says I am not covered the doc still sees me, but I am now told that if I am not covered at my next appt. I either have to pay $150 or not be seen. I go every 2 weeks now and cannot pay that, but do understand why they wont see me. Anyway...so my last appt. was Wed. and I called my worker that day to tell her it was showing AGAIN that I am not covered, so she says she'll run it through again and it should kick in within a few days, I called on Friday to see if I was covered and she said "You should be but your not yet, call back Tues." I have a feeling its going to say I am not covered. Has anyone else experienced these problems with Medi-cal...I am getting so stressed out and angry. Sorry for the long ramblings but any advice would be great.

October 8th, 2005, 08:25 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I'm not really sure what to tell you. But welcome to the board. Have you talked to your Dr's office to see if they could work some kind of payment plan out with you? I would be a little upset in your position also. I hope that everything works out.

October 9th, 2005, 05:46 AM
nat81
I'm from Canada and those expenses are paid for with our health coverage... sorry I don't have any advice... I hope things get worked out for you !
October 9th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Firstimemom21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am from california and i am on medi-cal to it sucks i have not even had an ultrasound or heard the heartbeat yet becuase they suck

October 9th, 2005, 03:23 PM
tzbabygirl4321's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Firstimemom21@Oct 9 2005, 01:41 PM
I am from california and i am on medi-cal to it sucks i have not even had an ultrasound or heard the heartbeat yet becuase they suck
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I'm sorry you havent even had an ultrasound yet, I hope you get to soon . I am going to go over there Tuesday and get this crap worked out...I can't imagine if I go to the hospital to have the baby and they say I'm not covered I'll be pissed. Well ladies wish me luck .

~Desiree

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search