I'm here

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I never noticed this board before, but I'm kind of glad I saw it this time. I have been hanging out on the August DDC board.

Here's my story: I have been engaged to the most perfect parnter since August. The wedding will be in May of this year, and will be super small. Right before we got engaged, my BC was really screwing up my cycle. Sometimes I'd have a period every two weeks, and other times I wouldn't have a period at all that month. I decided to stop taking it because I didn't want to keep pumping hormones into my body to screw with my reproductive system- especially with what it was doing to my cycles. We were discussing this, and the possibility of me getting pregnant, and he was so afraid of me getting pregnant. I asked him if he was afraid because he wasn't ready for a baby, or if he was afraid because of what people might say (his family is very conservative) He said it was the latter, and I said So if we were married, you would want a baby? He said without a doubt, and that is when we decided to get married so that we could start a family together.

The last couple of months, we really haven't been taking preventative measures. We both want a baby together, and in the end we decided that it isn't us, it is our families who care if we are married before conception. The first week of December, I took a test (and another and another... lol) they were all positive!!!

Although we knew that we might get pregnant, this was not a planned pregnancy by any means, and it has carried with it all the luggage of an unplanned pregnancy! I'm happy to have found this board, and wish I had found it sooner!
-O

<div align="center"></div>
January 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I should probably mention that my family is completely supportive of me- at least my immediate family (mom, dad and siblings) A couple of years ago, I divorced my very abusive husband and they are all so happy that I am in such a good relationship. They honestly didn't expect me to marry again because of the messy divorce, and have always been prepared for a child conceived out of wedlock. My grandpa however, decided to be sneaky and found out about my pregnancy before I was ready to announce it to the rest of the family. Instead of calling me or my family, he called my Aunt and all of my cousins!!! So now everyone knows and they are being a little judgmental.

My fiance's family left the mormon church a few years ago, and although they are no longer orthodox, they are very conservative. They don't approve of me staying all night at his house (they didn't know until recently that we've been practically living together) so I was really afraid of telling his family. We told them christmas morning. They seemed really happy during the moment that we told them. Fiance is 29, and in his family that is old for having kids. This is their first grandchild (he is the oldest of four siblings) so I thought it was genuine when they were happy. But now I think it was just a polite act, so as not to spoil the moment. They never talk about the baby or ask how I'm doing. His mom wants to do everything for the wedding and doesn't understand that I want a simple wedding, and honestly would like to spend my money on baby clothes rather than tulle. It's almost like telling them was a dream that never actually happened.

January 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
congrats and welcome!!!

I'm glad your immediate family is being supportive..

As for his family.. maybe they really are happy? You know them best.. but even if they're not ecstatic right now, I'm sure they'll come around.

Good luck and stick around!

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search