Just found out yesterday...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2004, 02:21 PM
angied's Avatar Member
I had 2 negative EPT tests last week, (my period was due last Monday, the 20th and I'm on the Pill, so I KNOW exactly when it should have come) and then 2 Positive tests yesterday (First Response and a digital Walgreens brand). So I guess it's true! I'm a huge mixture of emotions. Nervous, scared...in shock. Couldn't sleep at all last night. This is me:

I guess I should say a little about myself. I'm 24 (will be 25 next May) and married to my husband B. We got married July, 2003 so it's been about a year and a half for us. Been together about 3 years total. We weren't planning on this happening *this* soon, we kinda had a plan for it in maybe 2 years or so, but how often do things occur exactly as planned? Oh, and yes, I was on the Pill, so it is a little shocking. I rarely miss pills, and if I do, I usually take it the next morning within 8-10 hours of forgetting it...so yeah, this is a little surprising for us. We both work full-time (DH has his Master's degree and hopes to get his PhD at some point) and I am actually supposed to start my MBA part time in January...I don't know how that will be affected. I will start it, and hopefully I can somehow continue, even if I have to take a semester or 2 off or something. I dunno...everything's pretty fuzzy right now, but I guess this was meant to be...I can't think of any other reason why I would get pregnant under such unlikely circumstances.

Edited to add:

Oh, and I have a Dr's appointment for this Thursday. BUT, it's for my regular doctor. The OB/GYN I usually go to for checkups said that they just schedule you for an "Info Session" with a nurse first, then you see the doctor after that. ***? I thought a confirmation appointment (blood test and stuff) would be the first thing they'd want to do. I told her about the HPT's and the results and the OB/GYN receptionist just said that "Oh we consider the HPT's to be pretty accurate..." and she just went on to set me up for an appointment Jan 13. So that's when I called my reg. doctor and got the appointment for a blood test confirmation and checkup...

Also, what does bfp stand for? I've seen it in other posts...

Baby V's Countdown
December 27th, 2004, 02:27 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, first all congratulations!!!

Everything will be more clear as time goes by and the concept of another life entering your world becomes more of a reality! Being a mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me! Eventually I do want to go back to school too but right now mommy is my most important job!

Everyone here is so awesome! You will love the site and everyone here!

Again congratulations!
December 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations & Welcome!

I hope everything turns out good for you. I completely understand it being a surprise. I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant w/our 2nd child & I was on the pill also. I didn't miss any pills at all & got pregnant. You're right, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

I've found that reading the posts on this, a lot of the dr's are differant on how they handle pregnancies. There are some that won't even see you until you're 12 weeks along! My doctor likes to confirm w/blood test & see you right away. My first visit I was 5 weeks along & my first ultrasound was at 6 weeks! January 13 isn't real far along, but I know you're anxious...

Oh, BFP stands for Big Fat Positive...

Enjoy!!!
December 27th, 2004, 02:32 PM
KentuckyMama
Congrats!
Quote:
the OB/GYN receptionist just said that "Oh we consider the HPT's to be pretty accurate..."[/b]
That's what mine did, too. I told them that I'd had two tests come out positive and that my period was late and they set me up for my appt at 8 weeks.
December 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
angied's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally posted by KentuckyMama@Dec 27 2004, 04:32 PM
Congrats!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
the OB/GYN receptionist just said that "Oh we consider the HPT's to be pretty accurate..."
That's what mine did, too. I told them that I'd had two tests come out positive and that my period was late and they set me up for my appt at 8 weeks.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Hey, I live in Kentucky too! What part are you from?

Baby V's Countdown
December 27th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Elliehunny's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Elliehunny
Congratualtions and Welcome to JM! It will all sink in, in a few weeks. Same with me I was on the pill never missed any, and ended up pregnant!
Lorenzo Tobias Beau born 8th April 2005!

December 27th, 2004, 02:45 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and congrats! I'm Jennifer(22) SAHM to my BC pill baby Tyler (14 months). I'm one of the co-host here in unplanned pregnancy. Dont worry. Everything will work itself out and you will figure out a plan for school and what not. I hope you enjoy it here! I look foward to chatting with you more.

December 28th, 2004, 07:54 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
Hello and welcome to JM. I am Kelly and i am the other cohost on the unplanned pregnancy board. i am pregnant with (WHOOPS!) #4. I am 25 years old and i am married. My other kids are 6, 4, and 1. I am so glad you found us. check out all the boards there is so much available. hope to chat with you soon!
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search