I need advice before I see a doctor.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM
Regular
Well, I took a HPT on December 16th and it was positive. I waited till January 21st to get a pregnancy test from BirthRight due to transportation. I than got the results on the 29th of January. It came out positive as well. So I started preparing myself to be a mom.
But, on the 22nd of January I started having very bad cramps and i normal menstrual cycle. Later on in the day, I passed a blood clot, which worried me.
I figured I had a mis-carriage because of what I had read about them before I became pregnant. I also didnt "feel" the pregnancy.

On Jan 31st I was feeling kinda weird, and my abdomen seemed bloated so I decided to take another HPT. It came out positive.
Although, today I dont feel that way.
Did I have a mis-carriage and the hormone levels are still high?
Or am I still pregnant and am having complication bleeding?

A little more info, on the 29th of January I would have been 12 weeks pregnant approx.

Now I know your gonna say "Go to the doctor!"
But I am in the process of getting my medicad approved. I can't afford to go to the doctor without medicad because I have never needed to see a doctor before.
I also am going to Planned ParentHood on Tuesday, so they can probably give me some answers, I just need to ease my mind a little before that day arrives.

February 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I passed lots of clots when i was first pregnant.. but that CAN be a sign of miscarriage. I would venture to assume that you're still pregnant..

and medicaid backdates.. so if you're already in the process of getting it, then they will usually pay for the things that you have done now.. i think they backdate three months. If nothing else, call and ask.

myspace
February 1st, 2008, 06:03 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just lurking but I wanted to add....

If you were 12w pg what you would have passed would have looked like a baby. It is possible that you did m/c but it is possible that you are still pg.

Either way you need to get to the doctors. If you did m/c they need to make sure that you passed everything. If you did not you run the risk of getting an infection and that could cause you some serious problems.

If you are still pg then you need the prenatal care.

Hon, doctors are wonderful! If you explain to them that you do not have insurance they will almost always give you a discount. And a lot will even let you make payment arrangements to pay out over time. I have been paying $50 a month for a surgery I had back in Sept 2006!

Your health comes 1st! Please go to the doctors SOON! Have you looked into a free clinic or a crises pregnancy center in your area. A lot of those are FREE!!!

February 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Regular
Quote:

If you were 12w pg what you would have passed would have looked like a baby. It is possible that you did m/c but it is possible that you are still pg.

Either way you need to get to the doctors. If you did m/c they need to make sure that you passed everything. If you did not you run the risk of getting an infection and that could cause you some serious problems.

Hon, doctors are wonderful! If you explain to them that you do not have insurance they will almost always give you a discount. And a lot will even let you make payment arrangements to pay out over time. I have been paying $50 a month for a surgery I had back in Sept 2006!

Your health comes 1st! Please go to the doctors SOON! Have you looked into a free clinic or a crises pregnancy center in your area. A lot of those are FREE!!![/b]

I was 12 weeks on Jan. 29th but if I mis-carried it was on the 22nd.
February 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Mommy to Emma
Quote:
Quote:

Your health comes 1st! Please go to the doctors SOON! Have you looked into a free clinic or a crises pregnancy center in your area. A lot of those are FREE!!![/b]

I was 12 weeks on Jan. 29th but if I mis-carried it was on the 22nd.
[/b]
That would be 11 weeks... it would still be more than a blood clot.

But I agree with the other posters, you need to see a doctor ASAP, regardless of insurance. If you are still pregnant, you are endangering the health of that baby by going without prenatal care!
February 4th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
let us know how the appt goes... Also most insuraces do payback... which when I was pregnant with my DD they did for me I would look into it!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search