Confused and Depressed

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to ttsaunde
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hi Ladies,

I recently found out that I am almost 7 weeks pregnant with my first child. This was very unexpected....I am only 21 years old and just began Nursing School, which is very stressful. I am pregnant by a 22 year old man that I have a 3+ year relationship with. However, at the time we are not together. We have been on and off for the past 6 months.

I just don't know what to think. But I do know that abortion is definitely not in the picture. I have friends that have gone through it, but I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I did. When I first found out, I cried and cried. At times I am excited that I am going to have a child, but at other times I just wonder why this had to happen now, while I'm still in school, not really financially stable, and not in a stable relationship. My parents and family are being very supportive and encouraging me everyday, but I am mostly depressed all of the time. It doesn't help that the father has his on personal mood swings. He came with me to the first appointment and says he plans to be there for the child, but is worried about finances and asked me about considering abortion. Plus, sometimes he acts like he really wants to be in a committed relationship with me, and other times he doesn't. It just hurts so bad because even though I have support from my family and friends, I really need him to be here for me now too. It also seems like since I told him about my pregnancy, he has been acting more distant than he ever has in the past 3 years.

I am just so worried because this is not how I expected my first pregnancy experience. At the least I wanted to be out of school and on my own without any financial support from my parents. I know that they are going to help me, but I do not want to add an extra burden on them. I know that I am blessed and pregnancy is supposed to be a happy time, but I am so sad. Lately I have just been laying in my bed at my apartment and crying. I just don't know what I am going to do. I know I am going to have this baby but how am I supposed to juggle school, work (I work as a part time assistant manager at a retail store) and being a good mother?

For the mothers that were initially depressed, or have similar situations to mine, does it last throughout pregnancy? Any advice?

February 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
if there are ever ANY times that you're feeling excited about this baby.. trust me.. you'll be just fine = ) I'm the same age that you are.. and in school.. and working.. I do have a "husband" (only legally in my opinion ) but he'd rather stay out all night and drink and then screw a random girl than come home to his wife and daughter. (which was solidified by yesterday's bank statement and the various 'super 8 motel' charges. #####.) aaaaaaanyway..

Think of it this way.. 10 years down the road.. not only will you be out of school, BUT you'll have a wonderful child, as well.. and I'm sure you'll be married (be it to him or not). Things ARE going to be rough. Things are going to be hard.. but it's WELL worth it.

After all of the crying and depression and wishing I wasn't pregnant.. I wound up with the prettiest, best, most wonderful baby on the face of the planet (or so I think. hehe) She is my pride.. my love.. my joy. I wouldn't trade one second for ANYTHING.

I'm going to PM you the password for the private room in here.. check out some of the stories in there. They might help you out some.

I take that back.. I'm not.. you don't have enough posts to use PM.

Do you have aim or an email I can send it to?

myspace
February 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hugs! It does get better ... for me I think until i saw the first real ultrasound where you can see fingers and toes I really started to get excited. Trust me in the next 9 months youll "grow" to love you baby more and more with every kick and hiccup.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
February 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to ttsaunde
Yes, my email address is EESGoldenGirl@yahoo.com. Thanks for the advice and thanks for reading ladies. I really do appreciate it!

February 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
mmk, I e-mailed you = )

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search