HELP! Just found out

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Regular
I am new to this site but I really need someone to talke to, I figured you guys might understand. I havent been feeling well lately and so today i decided to buy a preg test and sure enough before I even finitshed peeing there was a DARK blue line it came up even before the second line!!!!! I have absolutely NO IDEA how far along I am I dont have regular periods and I think my last one was december or so but its not unusual for me to go a few months without one so I didnt think anything of it... Anyways i just need some support. I am 24, so im not toooooooo young but i am also not suree if I am ready for a baby. Plus the father and I are kind of on and off again... we've been togtether for six years and of course i love him and I know he loves me but i havent even told him yet becasuse I am not sure what he's going to say!!!

Obviously I am going to have to go see my doctor to find out how far along I am but can someone tell me what happens after taht? The only person i have told is my best friend and she thought it was freaking GREAT and was sooooooo excited for me and couldnt' understand why I wasn't excstatic about this...... am I horrible? What is wrong with me that I feel this way???? I dunno, just looking for someone who might understand what its like. I look forward to getting to know yall.

Leah
February 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
at the top of the unplanned pregnancy board is a private room that requires a password. I think you would really enjoy/benefit from the stories in there. Because you don't have enough posts to pm I can't send you the password on here, but if you have e-mail I could send it to you there..

my e-mail is jeitenmiller@hotmail.com

trust me.. we've all felt this way. I'm sure you're going to be great! And a wonderful mom, at that. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

myspace
February 11th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
First of all Congratulations! Secondly, NO you are absolutely right to be feeling the way you do... Thats how I felt and how many ladies on here felt as well! After you go to you first appt which is a long one... you just wait a month until your next appt and so on. I would suggest .. if you want to that is telling the father your preggo.. becasue they usually need time to adjust! After that its up to you when you start telling people..some tell right away and some wait until they are out of the first trimester!

Some things I did in the beginning was go to babies r us... I saw lots of moms in there all different ages and places in their lives. ANd it gave me a chance to look at baby clothes and new babies.. and I started to look forward to it! Good LUck on spreading the word!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
February 11th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Tammy9988's Avatar Super Domestic Goddess ;)
I was 21 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I was devastated. There was not a happy thought in my mind. I seriously considered abortion because things weren't great with her father. I am so glad I didn't. Even though me and her father haven't been together since she was 8 months old, I am so happy that I made the decision to have her. My life was forever chaged but not in a bad way. Your child will enrich your life more that you ever thought possible. Don't let the relationship with her father influence your decision, regardless I am sure your child will have 2 parents that love her or him.
February 11th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to ttsaunde
I know exactly how you feel. I am 7 weeks pregnant and have a little more than 3 years of an on and off relationship with the father. I just went to my first appointment and have another scheduled at the end of this month. I have told the father, and he is acting really weird, sometimes he's all under me, other times he acts really distant. His sister in law (who has been through the same thing as I have) recommended giving him some time to adjust. Just think, the sooner you tell the father, the quicker he will be able to process the fact that he is actually going to be the father.
Since I have found I was pregnant, I haven't been exactly excited either, so we are in the same boat. My last period was in December too, and my due date is September 30th. Keep us posted on your due date....maybe you and I will have close ones!!!

February 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Regular
Well its nice to "meet" yall. Thanks for your kind replies, i really need them right now... today i called my doctor to book an appointment and they can get me in at the end of next week so i guess Ill be going then. As for the father.... i talked to him today and told him that we need to "talk" but in person so hes coming tomorrow after work adn i guess that'll be when he finds out. lol I think he thinks its something terrible becasue he sounded all worried like "whats going on? what? just tell me now" and i said NO its something we need to say face to face so really i think hes more paranoid about me breaking up wiith him. lol Imagine his surprise when thats not it at all... hahaha. I'm not sure its going tto surprise him ALLLLLLL that much really, hes been bugging me lately about how "grouchy" (that's a nicer way of saying what he calls it though( I've been and joking "well are you sure your'e not pregnant?" becuase he says I am WAY tooo... grouchy and miserable.

Anyways it's nice to know i'm not alone. Its nice to know too that it does/will get better. Just for fun today i was watching a baby story and let me tell you, that didn't make me feel better at all!!!!! YIKES!!! I dont think i'll be doing that again anytime soon....

Leah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search