After Your unplanned pregnancy?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Did you find the want to have another baby? I wanted to be pregnant agin when my dd was 7months old... I almost wanted to experience what it would be like to be excited to see a BFP and to kind of have a redo with my pregnancy and birth.

Obviously I saw that these are not good reasons to bring another little one int he world.. Just curious to see if anyone feels the same way.

>>OH and now we are going to be trying to have another one in the next couple of months!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
February 20th, 2008, 07:11 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my pregancies were unplanned... After my first one I didn't even think about having another baby until DD was about 3yrs old and as soon as we started to disscuss having another baby in the future I got pregnant.. This time I do have that feeling already...I lurk on the Am I pregnant board becuse I miss that excitment and I loved the birthing process becuase it is so beautiful..but then I snap back to reality that we can not finacally afford a baby anytime soon. I kinda want DF to get a V but he wants to wait a couple of years and try for a boy if we can afford it.

February 20th, 2008, 07:13 AM
its just smashley's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Did you find the want to have another baby? I wanted to be pregnant agin when my dd was 7months old... I almost wanted to experience what it would be like to be excited to see a BFP and to kind of have a redo with my pregnancy and birth.

Obviously I saw that these are not good reasons to bring another little one int he world.. Just curious to see if anyone feels the same way.

>>OH and now we are going to be trying to have another one in the next couple of months![/b]
My first pregnancy was completely unplanned and sort of a freak thing (I was on birth control) and I was sooooo freaked out by it that I had no desire to have another. I guess God had other plans because when Eleni was 4-5 months old, I found out I was pregnant again (another unplanned and freak pregnancy...I was breastfeeding and on the mini pill). After Amara was born, I felt the want to have another almost immediately My husband wasn't ready to try yet and we both didn't think we would get preggo the first month trying but here we are!

So to answer your question...yes I felt that exact same thing you are feeling!
February 20th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I want another one soon

February 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
ShelliBelli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HaHa yes. My baby is only 5 weeks old, totally unplanned and unfortunatly Im single but I want like 6 more. I cant believe it. I feel like I was just born to be a mommy and had no idea all these years.
February 21st, 2008, 04:09 AM
Mummy2R
I am 34 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and I am single. Everything had been great - now he's decided he wants to be with someone else. Gee thanks!

I don't think I will have anymore children but I would love to experience what it is like to be pregnant & have a baby with someone who wants the same thing as you and looks after you & is there to take care of you! That's something I am really jealous of esp now its gone.

February 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I know what you mean.... it's one thing to have an unplanned pregancy with someone who loves you and you know will be there for, but it's totally different when that person that you thought loved and cared for you and the unborn life in your belly, just up and walks off... mine did that....

Being honest, I am a little jealous of those people who have the man in their lives who is stepping up and taking responsiblity. makes me wish that my ex could do that.....
February 21st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to good1myers
I so understand what you mean. My child's father was a man I had been dating for 4 months. One of the things that I was so attracted to him for was his complete devotion to his daughters from his marriage. However, when I told him about this child, he decided he can't be around and is gone.
It really sucks to be dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and all of the crazy emotions from that, but to be dealing with a broken heart on top of that? It's brutal.
I also experience the jealousy of the couples who are together and happily waiting the arrival of their little ones. Right now, I know at least 7 other couples in my workplace and friends who are expecting their first child. They are all so happy and excited and that is hard for me because I want to be happy and excited too!
February 21st, 2008, 01:23 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
My experience is a little different: we'd been talking about having children, but we're going to try to conceive for another year... This pregnancy (all 8 weeks of it thus far) has been very, very hard, so though we definitely will want more children, I think I'm going to try to wait a few years. I can't imagine going through all the morning sickness and fatigue with an infant or toddler attached to my hip. Another reason is that my husband is very close in age to his siblings and felt like he didn't receive enough attention from his mother because of it (he's the oldest). I really want to make sure to give my children as much quality time with me as possible. Of course, it's really nice to give a child siblings. I was so happy when my little brother was born -- I finally had a playmate!

xoxo
Maggi

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

February 21st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other posters about wanting to REALLY experiance a pregnancy with the father of the child, or at least with someone who loves and cares about me and the baby. I would love a pregancy that wasnt filled with stress and anxiety.

I wonder what it would be like to not have to be the only one resposible for all the worries, decisions, choices, etc. and to have someone share all the little joys and excitement: from feeling those amazing movements while baby is still inside me to having someone else be as proud as I am when baby FINALLY smiles for the first time!

I just dont think I could possibly do it alone again with another child. I get no sleep. I wish I had someone to help, especially at night.

and of course the financial aspect of it all, it would be completely irrisponsible to have another baby i my current situation.

</div>
February 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
MrsAndMommy
Quote:
I agree with the other posters about wanting to REALLY experiance a pregnancy with the father of the child, or at least with someone who loves and cares about me and the baby. I would love a pregancy that wasnt filled with stress and anxiety.

I wonder what it would be like to not have to be the only one resposible for all the worries, decisions, choices, etc. and to have someone share all the little joys and excitement: from feeling those amazing movements while baby is still inside me to having someone else be as proud as I am when baby FINALLY smiles for the first time!

I just dont think I could possibly do it alone again with another child. I get no sleep. I wish I had someone to help, especially at night.

and of course the financial aspect of it all, it would be completely irrisponsible to have another baby i my current situation.[/b]
I second ABSOLUTELY everything you just said!
February 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
within DAYS of my son being born i realized that (not anytime realllly soon) i want more. Looking at the pictures of him being put
on my chest and the emotion on my face just made me realize what an amazing experience being pregnant was, and how much
i want to do it again!! im crazy i know... but i atleast know i need to finish school and make some money first!!!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

March 2nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
Mommy to Emma
Yes, I'm completely going through baby fever and it's really hard on our relationship right now. He doesn't think we're ready but I get irritated because I want the whole positive experience I got cheated out of the first time around!
March 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
mommaEL's Avatar Regular
my first pregnancy was completely unplanned but lucky for me it was with someone who i was really in love with and we are now married with 4 kids. i first got pregnant when i was 16 and then found out i was having twins, i was so scared but once they came i was absolutely in love with the babies. a year later we chose to try to have another, and then came our next little bundle of joy . We also now have a 7 month old baby boy. I'm only 19 and though my first pregnancy was completely unplanned i think everything turned out great for me and my family.

</div>
March 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I definitely did not have baby fever immediately after I had my daughter. I was so overwhelmed w/ everything that was happening, I couldn't even imagine having another.

Now that she's 2 and I've got the "hang of it" , I really want another. My sister is pregnant w/ her second, them only being 11 months apart, so that kind of helps, but I wany my own, kwim? My boyfriend is completely not ready for another, and he isn't sure he wants anymore children.. ever.

Even though we've been together for 3.5 years, I definitely think I've been a single mother for most of her life. He's a great dad, but he's more of a playmate for her, kwim? Only recently has he really stepped up and taken responsibility as far as watching her by himself for me, or getting up w/ her at night (mind you she doesn't really wake up at night).. But I know having him there is better then not having anyone at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search