I've kinda been creepin

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Dreamingofyou
Hey ladies
I've been Lurking on your board and reading some of your posts. I'm usually in the July 2007 playroom. I just wanted to share my story with you gals who are not know what to do and are feeling that horrible lost feeling. Cuz i know where your coming from!!
I live in British Columbia Canada and had started dating a guy in the summer of 06. I lost my virginity to him and the 3rd time having sex i got pregnant. My plan before i found out i was pregnant was to move to Toronto to teach ballroom dance for arthur murray dance school. ANYWAYS, I got pregnant the night of halloween and left for ontario 2 days later. About 3 weeks after i had gotten settled into a new job and a great place to live i found out i was pregnant. I WAS A WRECK!!!!!!!!!! I mean a wreck. I totally understand how hopeless you can feel when you have an unplanned pregnancy. Before i left BC i was partying and doing my own thing(being young) All of a sudden i felt like i had to make a desision way beyond my years. I was forced to decide what all you girls are going to have to decide. i knew my 3 options and i had to make a choice. My BF and the father of the baby told me that i had no choice, i HAD to abort. I had always felt strongly PRO-life but at this moment and time i even doubted my personal morals and beliefs and considered abortion. I had just started a new life and i was so focused and happy. I on the other hand new i wanted to some day be a Mother as i've always been quite maternal---i knew i COULD do it (be a mom) I cried and i cried and i was depressed and not doing well at all for 3 days, ONLY 3 days. Once i had made my mind up on what i was going to do i felt so much better, all it took was a choice. I know that the choice i made to keep my baby isn't going to be right for everyone faced with that desision but i don't think when your in that position there is always an "easy right" desision. (i hope i'm making some sense lol bear with me ) I knew that if i had made the choice to abort or to adopt out, i would regret it for the rest of my life. I'd live a life feeling empty. If i had a choice of living a life with my child or without i had to choose my child. So i did!!! My little guy was born this past July and is now 7 monthes!! He's amazing and not once have i regretted my desision. I think if you choose what your going to do with your pregnancy (whatever it may be) you'll feel at peace, if you don't then you've made the wrong desision and you need to try a different one. I'm not saying that it's been perfect because that would be a lie, i struggle with all the same struggles a first time mom does,....all nighters, teething, diaper Ect ect but again, it's such a small price to pay for a wonderful blessing!! when people ask my "how i'm REALLY doing?" i can honestly say GREAT!!! Riley's dad has seeen him a handful of times and thats ok, i knew when i made the choice that i would PROBABLY be on my own. If any of you are concerned cuz you don't think you can do it on your own....YOU CAN, it's just a choice. Anyways i'm going to stop going on and on!! I really wish you all the best, it wasn't that long ago i was in your shoes. Time fly's when your having fun. PM me if any of you need anything and i mean that Best of luck
-Alyssa

February 23rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
Thank you so much for posting your story! Congratulations on your beautiful baby!!

Heather

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search