in shock

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Super Mommy
well we are pregnant. We have no maternity heatlh insurance. I live in IL. I filled out paperwork for the moms and babies program but I'm sure we'll get denied b/c we make too much money. I'm going to call around to some obgyn's and see if they have a sliding scale for those with no health insurance. I know it's all going to work out so I'm not stressing about it

February 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
yaaaaaaay we're in the same situation AND the same state.

Last time we applied for wic and were denied because my husband made too much.. then he was laid off and went back to his old job.. so we qualified..

but this time (if this pregnancy sticks) we're BOTH working and we'll NEVER qualify. gar.

good luck.. I'm sure there are tons of programs for people like us out there.. I just don't know where to find them.

(P.S.- in illinois, if you make too much money for wic, you might still qualify for medicaid.. and if you do.. then wic comes with it no matter how much you make. the medicaid scale is much more forgiving.)

myspace
February 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey...this preg. is unplanned, but I mostly hover....

We were uninsured with #2...the dr. had a flat fee of $1500 for the preg., and delivery was $1500 at the hospital. If you needed a c section, it was a little more, so I'd budget J/I/C.

Check your local drs. and hospitals...

Lab fees were what KILLED us!
February 27th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
I called my old ob and she charges $2700. That's for all the lab work, all the dr visits and one ultrasound and for her to deliver the baby. I haven't called any hospitals yet

February 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My pregnancy is also a surprise but I don't really post here. I just thought I would add this. Hospitals will always let you make payment arrangements! Even if it is just $50 a month. As long as you pay every month they are fine. Most doctors will let you pay out your bill too. And slow pays on hospital bills don't look too bad on your credit if you are trying to get a house or car b/c the lenders understand that people need medical care.

Also if you are looking for small fee or free OB care call a Catholic Church and ask them if they work with any pregnancy clinics. They have great connections! Of course if you can pay you should but I know that is not always possible (we were pretty tight on cash when I was pg with DD). Some clinic even have gently used maternity clothes that you can get very cheap.

My little cousin went to one clinic where if you watched certain educational video's about pregnancy and child birth they would pay you in fake money that you could then cash in for clothes and baby items. I thought that was cool!

February 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
Hello and welcome! I'm in Canada, so no help with the insurance thing. Just wanted to say congratulations!

Heather

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search