The Dreaded Appt.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
Well, tomorrow at 12:30 I go to the termination clinic to talk to them. I know in my heart that I want this baby and that I'm going to keep it but I said I would go, so I'm going. FOB wants to go, I'll take him. He can sit and listen to them talk about the procedure and what have you. I guess it's my last ditch effort to get him to change his mind. I'm sure he won't and that we won't speak again after tomorrow for a very long time. It's sad but I'll be glad to get this whole part over with. I don't need any more stress right now.

Heather

February 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I know it's a choice almost EVERYONE in an unplanned pregnancy at least thinks about briefly, but after hearing what you have to go through.. what you're putting the baby though.. it definitely would deter me.. so I hope it works for him.

Update us when you feel up to it. I'll be thinking of you!

myspace
February 27th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, just got off the phone with my mom. She's going on about how she thinks abortion is the right way to go, I'll just have to make sure to get some counselling afterwards, etc, etc. OMG. How am I going to tell everyone that I'm keeping the baby? I think that I'm going to need a break from everyone for a while. After I pick my kids up from her house tomorrow she just won't hear from me for a few weeks or a month. My family is usually very supportive but I'm quite sensitive to disapproval.

I'm just sitting here saying angry 4 letters words in my head. I hate this!!!!!

Heather

February 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
Sorry to hear that your family isn't being supportive, but its your body and your choice! if they cant respect that than thats their
problem!!

When i told my parents that i was PG, abortion wasnt an option, as they are roman catholic and very pro-choice, but i think
i nearly lost it when my mom said i should put him up for adoption! Unplanned pregnancies, are never easy, hang in there!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

February 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
yeah... abortion was never an option for me either, neither was adoption... when the father of my baby's parents mentioned that we should do that, I said no. no way. I'm keeping this baby no matter what..... and I'm sorry your family isn't being supportive, I can understand that... my family doesnt really talk or write or get into any kind of contact at all unless someone dies, which really sucks, but it's your choice to make and they should be supportive of whatever decision you decide to make. *hugs* I really hope things get better....
February 29th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday Ladies! I'm soooo glad that yesterday is done. What a day!

FOB ended up being "too tired and stressed" to go to the appt. with me. Gave me some line about being up all night worrying about his boys and being stressed over the whole custody thing he's going through. I texted him back and said "Good for you. I'm going to go find out about killing my baby now." He comes back with "I said I'd go." ***? (Please pardon the vulgarity of my statement, he just pissed me off).

For anyone that has not gone for a termination consult I'll tell you how it was. I get there and sit and wait....for an hour and a quarter. I sit and listen to the receptionist make appt's over the phone with other women. Half of the women in the waiting are obviously there for the same reason I am, you can tell by looking at their faces. The others are there to get an ultrasound and are excited. The receptionist gets a call from a young woman who is 22 years old and about 22 weeks pregnant. The receptionist starts making all kinds of calls to try to get this woman an ultrasound ASAP...the woman needs to have the procedure before 23w6d she tells the people on the other end of the phone. I wanted to get up and leave, I just kept thinking "I don't want to be here". Finally I get called in to the social worker's office. She was very nice and non-judgemental. My problem was that she was maybe 24 and never had children. For some that would be ideal, but for me not so much. She asked why I wanted an abortion, I told her because my life looked like hell and I didn't know how I could financially take care of another child. She asked me what reservations I had about it and I simply told her that I have 2 kids and it took me 2 years of TTC'ing to get my DS. She said that's understandable but that was a better time for you then, situations change. You'll look back at this and know that you did the best thing. How the hell does she know that???? It made me mad. Then she talked about birth control with me and I told her that if I wasn't having this baby I'm getting my tubes tied. She said, well you're in luck! The doctor that does the abortion can do the tubal while you're under. Ugh!! Then I was moved to another room to listen to a home made audio tape explaining the procedure and possible complications. The nurse came in afterwards, took my medical history, gave me some info on tubals and took a vial of blood to type it. Then I was sent along my way.

It was a nightmare to me because of my feelings right now. I was mad that they didn't offer any suggestions of people to talk to about making my choice or financial help or anything. I had to "make an appt." before I could speak to the nurse. I made the appt. because I thought since I'd made it that far I may as well get all of the info. Yeah, the next date they had available for me to be put right out was March 19th. That's 2 days after my birthday and 2 days before Good Friday. Yeah, that's the time I would pick, I'd never forget that anniversary as long as I live! Not to mention that that's 3 weeks away and I'd be 10 weeks by then.

Just to wrap it all up, I'm not having an abortion. I knew before I went that I wouldn't be. I have a renewed energy and faith in myself and starting today I'm getting up off the couch and am going to start planning.

Thank you so much for listening to my ramblings.

Heather

February 29th, 2008, 09:03 AM
*JustDani&B*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *JustDani&B*
I wish you the best of luck with this whole situation.. it's definitely a toughy. Go with your instincts girl. They're usually not wrong. Good luck.

February 29th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
Would you care to share that in the private room?

I had no idea what went on in a consultation like that.. and it does anger me that she tried to make you feel like it would be for the best.. and didn't offer ANY other alternatives.. wow.

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search