new here and nervous

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to misscari Send a message via Yahoo to misscari
I've read these forums for quite a while, but don't post and never thought I'd be doing it in this forum. My name is Cari and I'm 33, about 6 weeks pregnant but I'll find out for sure at my appt on the 14th.

My ex boyfriend (whom I dated for about 5 months) has been less than supportive. We're very close friends and have had an exclusive "friends with benefits" relationship for nearly a year. We're very close friends and grew up in the same small town so our families know each other well, he insists that he will have nothing to do with this situation and even mentioned he'd just terminate his rights. He's been dating someone new for about a week so the timing is bad to say the least, his response is this will ruin our lives, of course by that, he means his own. He has a 7 year old daughter and I'm trying really hard to be respectful of his feelings and how shocked we both are but running out to have an abortion because this is "inconvienent" isn't really an option for me. I have a decent job and I'm sure it will be rough but I'm fairly sure I can support this baby myself and with a little help from friends and family. I'm hoping that once the initial shock and anger wears off he'll be a little more adult about everything and at least try to be there for me emotionally as I am prepared that most of this is going to fall on me alone. His reaction has really disappointed me and it makes me nervous to think about having a baby with someone who very well might just walk away from the whole thing. Sorry to ramble on but it's a difficult thing to deal with and I know some of you are in the same boat so it's just nice to vent a little.

Good luck to everyone on a happy healthy pregnancy!

Thank you to claire1979 for my adorable siggy
March 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
yeah, you could say that some of us are in the same boat..... but as long as you know that you can support this little one, congrats on that by the way.... not just financally, but with love and support, you can make it as a single mom. I'm going to be a single mom by the end of this month, as like you, my boyfriend got me pregnant, then when I was 7 months along, told me to choose between him and the baby, so in a way, I kind of wish that Jeff would pulled something like this at the begining of my pregnancy, then I wouldn't have gone through all the crap I've been through in this pregnancy. If he walks away from you and the child that he created, then he's not really a man..... I mean, any guy can have a child, but it takes a real man to own up to the fact that he created a life with another person and be there.

Good luck with your pregnancy, it's going to be a roller-coaster of emotions and everything, but I think the ending is all worth it. And there are moments on this roller-coaster ride that make it all worthwhile.... Good luck, and keep us all posted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search