Silly Question...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
angied's Avatar Member
So...I got my navel pierced when I was 18 (I'm 24 now)...now that I'm pregnant, do I have to remove it for good?

Baby V's Countdown
January 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
How far along are you??? You might be able to just wait and see. You may not get very big or you might be huge. Just depends. My belly button never pops out it just gets completely flat. i would not be able to keep a piercing in if i had one. which i will do if i ever get skinny again....lol
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
January 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of some people leaving it in. Its not going to harm you or the baby. Towards the end of your pregnancy though your bellly button might pop out or go flat like mine did causing you to have to take it out.

January 3rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I've been through this twice You can keep it in as long as the skin around it isn't getting shallower. It's best to remove it yourself (if you want to salvage it for post-baby) before the skin stretches and it grows out. If you get pretty big, it'll just stretch the skin until it pushes itself through the last layer of skin. If you take it out before you get too close to that...you should be able to salvage the piercing without having to have it re-pierced after the baby is born.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
nat81
I had to take mine out. It felt tight and was getting cought on my maternity pants! I've heard that it might stay open until after the baby. So if it is, I'll put it back in then.
January 8th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I ended up taking mine out in the third trimester because it was catching on clothes I wasable to put it bacj in after all of my pregnancies.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 6, Xandria 4, Thayer 3, Alorah 1 and edd 7/9/05

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 9th, 2005, 11:18 AM
twinsmom26
I took mine out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search