Unplanned. Need advice

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
teen_momma's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to teen_momma
I am an almost 17 year old mother of Ebony, who will be 2 in july. Im not with her father anymore but i do have a boyfriend. I fell pregnant to him may of last year without actually realising, what i thought was a horrible period was a miscarriage.

We have been using condoms but i guess one must have broken because i have a postivie hpt and am 2-3 weeks late for my period. According to those due date calculators im 7 weeks pregnant.

My boyfriend wants to abort, but hasent bothered to help with any money and im way way to scared to tell my mother as it would kill her. I dont know what i want or what to do and im so so scared.

Sorry to dump on you ladies but i have no idea how to deal with this situation.

Thank you for reading

Ashlee.

Myspace</div>
March 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
oh blah.. that's a crappy situation to be in.

You do exactly what YOU want to do.. try to give yourself some time to be alone and consider your options.. figure out exactly what is right for you. I know how hard it can be..

No matter what you decide, I hope your boyfriend decides to be a little more supportive.

myspace
March 30th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
oh blah.. that's a crappy situation to be in.

You do exactly what YOU want to do.. try to give yourself some time to be alone and consider your options.. figure out exactly what is right for you. I know how hard it can be..

No matter what you decide, I hope your boyfriend decides to be a little more supportive.[/b]

Many SOs suggest getting an abortion, it seems to be the male instinct. Most change their mind and are very happy and supporitive after a few weeks. Most woman on this board have been in your shoes. I hope that is the case for you and your bf should you decide to keep the baby.

Congrats by the way, whether it was planned or not it's still a blessing!

March 31st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Regular
I'm sorry to hear that he's not very supportive! I'm sure if you talked to your mom it would turn out okay. As for your decision, it needs to be COMPLETELY up to you. Don't let anyone bully you into a decision you aren't comfortable with because you have to live with the decision for the rest of your life. I'm also a pregnant teen, so if you need someone to talk to I'm here for you!

April 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well first off hi Im Meagan. Im a teen mom too. My advice is take some time by yourself and figure out what is the best decision for you. I was kind of in your situation except instead of my bf wanting me to have an abortion some members of my family wanted me to. Im glad I decided not to because now I have my daughter, and my family came around and are great with her.

But that was my decision and you need to choose the one thats best for you. Maybe you should stop by the teen mommies and mommies to be board. The girls over there are great and have amazing advice! Good luck hun!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to HaileysMommy05
I would do what you think you can handle. If you want this baby then keep it. If not that is totally up to you and your situation. I just wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide

Thanks for making me my great signature ARL253

April 17th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Veteran
Babies are a gift from God and always happen for a reason that is the biggest lesson that I have had to learn through the begining of my pregnancy. Who knows why we get blessed with children when we do but God wouldnt choose to bless you with a baby if he didnt think you deserved it, wanted it, or could handle it. Do what you have to do dear and do what you think is best. You are in my T&P's

April 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about doing what YOU feel is best. I know you are asking for advice but in this case it has to come from you because this is YOUR body and YOUR life. Just know that whatever you decide that you can always come here for support. Hang in there and I am sorry you are having to go through this right now.
April 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
pm sweetie,

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
April 29th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, i'm Caitlin, also a teen mom. First off, you need to do what YOU think is right! Don't let your boyfriend talk you into something you don't want to do. You should come on by the Teen Mommies board, there are many girls that have gone through the same situation!
May 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM
teen_momma's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to teen_momma
Ladies, i thought id update. So my BF left us. He couldnt handle the situation, and the stress of everything caused me to collapse and landed me in hospital, which means my mum found out. I'd been having pains so they sent me for a ultrasound and it was so hard watching my energetic little baby wriggling around on that screen knowing noone wants it to be born but me. My mum is pressuring me to ring and make the appointment for the abortion.

Alot of the time now when i see the ultrasound pics i just cry. Most days i just feel silly, i mean people lose babies at full term and things like that, and they get to hold them and say goodbye. My mum keeps reminding me its just a little blob of cells that doesnt even matter yet. Which makes me cry worse because it matters to me. I dont know how to feel or how to connect to my own baby and i feel like a giant failure as a mother.

Sorry for dumping again!

Myspace</div>
May 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
I was a teen mom and I jsut want to tell you its not a cluster of cells he or she has fingers and toes and fingernail and all that other good stuff. IF you want this baby then you need to stand up for her or him and tell everyone to shove it... They will come around I PROMISE!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
May 11th, 2008, 09:50 AM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
I am so sorry that you are going through this right now.. Heavens know that not having much support makes you even more emotional. I know how you feel to an extent as my boyfriend was afraid at first (though now he loves the idea) and his parents are still telling us that we should have gotten rid of the 'blob' as they called it nine months ago.

It will be alright dear, whatever you end up choosing. If you want to keep this baby, then you should. Nevermind what the others say, this is your baby and everything will work out in the end. And don't let them pressure you into a choice right away.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
May 12th, 2008, 04:01 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Im so sorry that your boyfriend left you both as for your mother she is wrong about the baby being a bunch of cells. You are 13 weeks & 6 days pregnant, i had my baby girl at 14 weeks 6 days pregnant (she was Ill) and i held her, she had EVERYTHING ten fingers and toes, ears, nose, mouth, little knee caps etc. You are carrying a beautiful baby and if you want to keep him/her then do, please do not let your mum pressure you into anything, especially when you know that you want to keep this baby, when she realises you are going to keep baby no matter what she will finally come around as she does not have any choice keep us updated

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

July 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hey hun I see that in your siggy you lost your little man. I am so sorry for your loss! I hope you are doing well big hugs hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search