And were they all planned??

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I freakin hate when people ask me this!!! I just ran into a woman I worked with (don't know her well, we worked in the same school but she was in lower grades and I taught higher so we barely talked) and she asked me that. Why do people think they have the right to ask such a personal question?!?! And when my 3 year old, who understands all, is around?!? Yes, our 3 were very much planned, but do you really think I'd want my 3 year old to know one (or more) of them weren't planned if that were the case?!?? ARRRRRG, some people need to think.
January 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nobody ever asked me that one!! and if my kids were with me (which they obviously have to be for somebody to ask that! LOL) I would just plain lie, because as you said I dont want them to know!!!! I mean what difference does it make?? I love them all very much, and doesnt matter to us how we got them LOL

My only planned pregnancy was number 4 LOL, I actually think it is funny but no ones business!!

January 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get this question a lot, and I only have 2. People assume if you're kids are close in age it had be an accident b/c you were irresponsible. Like widely spaced kids are is the ONLY way to do it, and if you choose to have them close in age you're crazy, KWIM? A lot of times after they realize how rude they were, they try throw the compliment out. "Oh I could never be that strong to have two so close in age."

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

January 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just don't understand why people think it is ok to ask questions like this especially in front of one of your children. I am the oldest of 7 children so I often heard comments like this made to me or my mom quite often. Because of personal beliefs we don't use birth control and will most likely end up with a large family with kids spaced close together. I've already tried to prepare dh that for the rude remarks that some people make (he was the baby of 5 so he hasn't had to deal with this). So far I haven't had any rude remarks which kidn of surprised me since a lot of our extended family does not think we should have had kids so soon or that we can't support them (it's not like we're begging them for money or anything!). I'm sure things have been said behind our backs but so far we've just gotten some awkward silences when the subject comes up. I also had a lot of strange looks when I started showing during this pregnancy because people weren't sure if I was pregnant or it was just baby fat left over from the 8 month old I was carrying! DH and I just try to stay really positive and tell people how excited we are to be expecting another baby and that we feel that God has truly blessed us. I figure it isn't worth my energy to get all offended by other people's rude remarks.

[
January 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is very rude. Especially since you had your 3 year old with you. I have come to the conclusion that people just don't think or they are just ignorant. I'm trying my best not to get bent out of shape by other's comments right now. I figure that in a few years the kids will be old enough that people won't be gawking anymore. I think a lot of people are just in awe when they see a few babies, toddlers or preschoolers all together. My guess is that by grade school it won't be so bad.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
That is very rude. I used to take my daughter to baby group she was 10.5 months and i had 5 weeks left to go before lacey came and nobody even dared asked if i was pregnant incase it was baby fat, i finally said to the lady that i wouldnt be around for a bit because im due to give birth soon she was like "omg your pregnant again?!" alot of people are shocked at closely spaced siblings it gets boring after a while lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My guess is that by grade school it won't be so bad.[/b]

I dont know!! as I said I usually dont get rude comments, mostly only ARE THEY ALL YOURS?? but then many times they ask if some of them are twins lol, they start to look similar in size later on LOL.

January 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol..I get that all the time too. I was just shocked the first time - I couldn't believe anyone would ask that. I guess I'm used to it now. I always answer "yes"....and I would even if they were all unplanned. Some people....
January 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
~Valerie~
Some people are just plain ignorant.
January 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
LOL i get that all the time did you plan for them to be that close, i didn't but i wouldn't trade it for anything

January 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
MamaBx3
Quote:
Some people are just plain ignorant.[/b]
Ditto!
January 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Super Mommy
I hate people liek that. Mine were not planned, but I wouldn['t have it any other way. I love it. I am sad now because my next wont be as close as DD and DS are.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search