What form of B/C do you use after baby is born?

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always just gone back on the pill as soon as I get AF (I don't BF so it comes 46 weeks after baby's born) and then stop taking it when we begin TTC again.

This time I think I might do something different as we don't plan on TTCing again, but also don't want to do anything permanent in case we change our minds.
April 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
After I had my daughter I was on the mini pill. I pumped exclusively for about 4 months then when my supply went away I went to formula! I just continued taking the mini pill even though I wasn't breatfeeding or pumping anymore and this is why I think I got pregnant. After I had my daughter I also had really long cycles (65-70 days) but then when I did get AF it was really heavy and painful. Right now I have the Mirena and exept for a little spotting after I got it I haven't had AF yet. I don't know if it because I am breastfeeding still or because of the Mirena- either way I don't miss having a period! Another thing I have heard is right after you get the Mirena taken out you are really fertile so maybe this is the BC for you The Mirena also is really easy to insert in your doctors office and doesn't hurt much especially if you had a vaginal birth!

It is possible to practice NFP if you know your cycles well, but if not it is very easy to get pregnant! My cycles are all ove the place so it would never work for us. I concieved my daughter on day 14 of my cycle and my son on day 30-35 which is just crazy why I ovulated soo late and was still able to become pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehadamoment View Post
I'm trying to decide what to do after Jackson is born. I don't want to go on the pill, get shots or anything inserted and DH doesn't like condoms I will be BF which should delay my period for a while, but I heard you can O before you even have your first period?

My friend suggested testing to find out what day I O then avoid sex for that time- has anyone done this? If not, what do/did you do after your LO one born?
BTW: your daughter is soo adorable I would love to see a picture of you and your husband Also a belly picture too! I just love seeing belly pictures- sometimes I miss mine You don't have any pictures of yourself on your Facebook either.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
April 14th, 2010, 05:56 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
If you don't want any more children yet i wouldst rely on not having sex around O time because this is how i get pregnant with Lucas LOL i thought that i had already ovulated (had all the signs of ovulation!!) and then we DTD and then i had all the signs of ovulation again the day after and here i am now

I am going to get the non-hormonal coil as i can't have anything with hormones in it as it makes my depression worse.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

April 14th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last time I tried to go with (unsuccessfully I may add) BF and abstinance.

April 14th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Well now I have my tubes tied but before we didn't do much haha I am alergic to the pill and shot and Craig hates condoms and I was going to get the mirena after Chase but then got pregnant with Brianna a few weeks before my appt with the doc haha. sorry I am no help

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

April 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
AmandaR
Nothing. And we wont this after this one either.

After we're done having kids I'll go on the pill until the youngest is 5 and we're sure we're done. Then I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't want to do an IUD or tubal, but I don't want to be on the pill 20 years (I'll be done having kids by 24 max).
April 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use FAM (Fertility Awareness Method: Charting temps and watching CM. We use condoms during fertile times). We are looking into Andy getting a vasectomy though, not totally decided.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

April 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be going on some sort of pill. We were really successful with NFP last time, but I want to take more preventative steps this time. Also, a few months after DD was born I found out that I have ovarian cysts, which are very painful, and the treatment is birth control. I'm hoping to find something that helps the cysts, but doesn't make my boobs grow like all the other pills I've tried..
April 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I'm not much of a help.. I was on the pill, but stopped and we just used condoms... I still got pregnant twice that way... I'm getting my tubes tied when Leah is born.
July 28th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Veteran
nfp and abstain during the fertile times
Kathi 05.20.2013

July 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always been on the pill, but I would really like to do some NFP. I'm just afraid I'll screw up.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

July 29th, 2010, 08:42 AM
lyndileigh's Avatar Regular
I'm the same way with NFP. I wanted to try it, but I'm too afraid I'll mess it up and get pregnant again. I'm dead set about waiting to TTC until my youngest is 2.

August 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Pull and Pray
October 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM
Veteran
Planning a tubal after this baby
Michael 08.25.2013
October 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
nuva ring!! still got pregnant
October 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried BFing and timing but obviously it did not work as well as I thought.

October 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Doug is getting snip, snip, snipped

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search