I have a question, if you don't mind. (infant loss mentioned)

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Hi, Ladies! I'm a regular over at Trying to Conceive after Loss, and was formerly hanging out in the Nov 10 DDC and Trying to Conceive.

My son was born Oct. 22 and passed away Oct. 27 in the NICU. (There were complications during the late stages of labor and delivery and he was oxygen deprived, and the brain damage ended up being too severe for him to survive...) We knew we wanted closely spaced siblings, and we still desire to have children here on earth, and have decided we still want to try and get pregnant again right away. I'd like to know, if you don't mind, how closely spaced your siblings are and what pregnancy was like. Is it considered a high risk pregnancy? I haven't ovulated yet and am using OPKs to help predict ovulation, and we plan to try again as soon as that happens, and continue trying until we're successful. Is there anything I would need to do during pregnancy to help ensure the baby is healthy? (I'm assuming eating right during pregnancy is especially important since the body is sort of depleted from the previous pregnancy.) Anything you could contribute, I'd appreciate so much. Or if there's another extensive thread already like this one, if you just want to point me in that direction, that would help, too. Either way, I don't want to be too much of a bother! I'm just curious.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

November 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
First off I am so sorry for your loss...Your son is beautiful!
I can't even begin to imajine what you must be going through ((hugs))

My name is Tara I have 3 children and an angel in heaven (m/c at 8.5 weeks in 2007 my 1st and that babay would ahve been 18 motnhs apart) my 1st and 2nd are 26 months apart I was not concitered high risk at all, my first son was a c-section baby due to the cord being around his forehead he was 10 days late and my second son was a natrual birth and was 9 days early. My 2nd and 3rd are 11 months apart and again I was not concitered high risk I had another natural delivery with my daughter, the pregnancy wasn't to bad..I was tired more but that comes with haveing a then 2/3 year old and a baby under 1 lol I didn't have any complications due to them being so close (I have low iron so I did have to take iron pills but I have always had that), my daughter was 4 days early, I did start getting braxton hicks earlier with each pregnancy with my 3rd they started around 22 weeks but never got bad just anoying if anything, I did find my milk came is easier and sooner which helped my daughter be the best nurser I have had so far lol. The doctor didn't seem at or imply that he was at all concerned that they where going to be so close. Deffinalty eat healthy but dont be afraid to indulge int he ice cream or chocolate cake every so often , I cut out all caffine from my diet, stayed away from smokers and alchohol of course. I tried not to push myself to much.. I have a tendancy to do to much at once lol and raw fish isn't good to eat when pregnant like sushi for example. Drink lots of water and take pre natals vitamins as well I took materna they have double of everthing but the store brand are just as good
thats all I can think of right now, if you have any more question please ask, hope this helps and good luck with TTC! hope all the best for you

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

Last edited by Taramomof3; November 25th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
November 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Loving My Piglets
I am so sorry for your loss xxxxx
I am sarah i first got pregnant in Jan 2006 but lost my lil girl in late April 2006, i got pregnant again 5 months later in September 2006, my pregnancy was classed as high risk but that's because i lost my first daughter to complications during pregnancy (fetal hydrops, cystic hygroma and turners syndrome) but everything was fine and she was born healthy i then got pregnant again just 3 months later in September 2007 and i was again only considered high risk because of my first baby girl not because of how close they were, things were ok and she was born healthy.. i got pregnant again 14 months later and things were fine there too!

The only thing i found was my back hurt more because of having them so close but that was the only thing health related that i can think of!

Good luck in TTC again i hope it happens quickly for you

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

November 26th, 2010, 03:54 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for your loss

I'm Lisa and I have 2 boys 17 months apart and was not consider high risk. I had high blood pressure at the end of my first pregnancy and was induced. I was induced for 2 days and his heart rate started to drop so we decided to go for a csection. My second was a planned csection.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

November 27th, 2010, 04:29 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Erin! My girls are 1 year 5 months apart and Seth is 1 year 7 months behind Rylie. My pregnancies were easy, uncomplicated, and I wasn't considered high risk (except for the diabetes with Seth but you know about that LoL). Good luck Erin, I'm so excited for you to get your BFP!!

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my Aidan at 26 weeks (stillborn) in November 2002 ( he would have been 8 yesterday) then had Gracie June 2004 and didn't notice any complications and wasn't high risk. Jacob was born in Feb and the baby I'm due with will be 14/15 months younger, all I've noticed this time is more aches and pains. Maybe because I'm getting older, maybe because baby is so close to the last one
November 29th, 2010, 12:05 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I got pregnant with Lyla 5-6 months after having Kelly. I wasn't considered high risk. The only thing I noticed was I had more morning sickness and aches, but that could happen regardless...no pregnancy is the same.

My sister had 3 babies, all born 10 months apart. She was considered high risk with the last 2, BUT...only because she also had had c-sections and had out of control gestational diabetes that she had to be on insulin for.

We are planning to TTC baby #3 right away....or at least NTNP....which probably won't be until later December as I only just had my girl last week.

Good luck Erin! I think you'll do fine. Just make sure you eat well. If your iron was low you might need to watch that a little more carefully. I don't think there's anything that makes it inherently more risky to try again right away. My MIL had 10 kids, and many of them were "Irish Twins" or nearly that...she had no problems!

November 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I would talk to your doctor, but I would think you'd be fine to start ttc once you feel up to it. I didn't notice many differences in my close pregnancies compared to my first.
November 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm so sorry for your loss.

My littlest ones are 15 months apart. I don't know that I thought that was really a lot different in anyway than the weight gain not being gone and I was still breastfeeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search