Child friendly road trip activities??

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I need ideas for child friendly road trip activities! Wednesday night we are leaving to drive to KY to help my mom move back to FL and then making a few stops on the way home. We will be gone a total of 8 days, and 4 of them will be spent in the car! My kids usually sleep pretty well in the car, especially when we drive through the night...but for the other days, I don't think they can possibly sleep that much!
Soo...I'm looking for ways to keep them occupied. We don't have a portable DVD player or I'd use that...
I plan to get BE a Magna Doodle because he loves to color lately, and we will bring lots of books, but does anyone else have any other ideas??

April 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I thought i replied to this, sorry!

It's a tricky one because he is so young as well and so can't do little board games etc, hmm, colouring books is all i can think of

April 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Thanks. I went to ToysRus Sunday, and bought a magnadoodle, and etch a sketch. I also plan on getting a few sheets of stickers. He can stick them in his notebook...or anywhere else for that matter! Just so long as he's happy and quiet!

I also got a bunch of snack foods that I NEVER buy... so that should be good for something, right?

I'm debating whether or not I should pack our tupperware shape-o ball (shape sorter)...It would keep him busy, and it's not very big, but I'm unsure about it because of all the pieces...

April 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids LOVED the nursery rhyme songs, I would sing along and dance and clap with them in the car.

Even if you bought car seat toys that light up and make noise. Always seemed to keep my kids occupied lol. Well for the baby

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
April 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM
mommabirdof4
Get a few new toys...give them to the kiddos during the trip.
April 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
You know we took several road trips, we bought car TVs...I know TV isn't the best, but anything for sanity!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search