Preston leg appointment

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2011, 05:36 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't post that often here but I'm trying to post more... For those who don't know, Preston left leg is longer then his right leg and here is an update from that appointment...

Preston was a trooper and did very well for the most part... First they sent us to get x-ray done. Aiden did wonderful with the x-ray. The doctor measure him and then measure from the x-ray to make sure they both were measuring correctly. This is how the doctor explained to us and depending on when they determine how long his legs will be and the difference they will be when he will stop growing. Its all estimated since they tend to start a surgery between 8-10 years old. He did say they can do more then one surgery if required.

Anything between
0-3cm different they do nothing expect a leg lift
3-5 cm different then they will stop the bone in the longer leg from growing and let the short leg grow to the length of the longer leg.
5cm and great then they do the leg lengthening procedure where they break the bone and put the contraption on it. It takes about a month per cm.

Preston is currently 3.3 cm difference (about 1.5inches different.) The doctor is positive that he will need the leg lengthening and maybe done a couple of times.

His next appointment isn't until Jan... Hopefully we can get some more information...

He also sent us to get an ultrasound of Preston Kidney and bladder since he is so young and I also mention that his doctor did blood and urine sample and they urine sample came back abnormal and we are seeing another doctor for that. Kidney cancer is one possible cause of leg length discrepancy. I'll get the result later today or tomorrow morning. Let home the ultrasound come back normal... other wise I think we will be back at the doctor office soon...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 22nd, 2011, 05:42 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
omg ((Hugs)) how stressful for you all i hope that it is not kidney cancer!! will be thinking of you all, please kup x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

April 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Oh my gosh, what a rough time for you all! Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
April 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have something to be excited over...

Preston ultrasound came back normal and nothing is wrong with them...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
thank god for that! ((Hugs)) x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

April 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness that the U/S results came back with such good news. Hang in there mama and lots of hugs to you and your baby boy!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search