getting out vs. routine and naps

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 07:14 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the younger years for your kids, did you make a point to get out of the house daily or every few days (for story times, playdates, playgrounds), or was it more important for you to stay home and keep your routine going?

We stay home a LOT. It seems like every time I go out, I end up regretting it. When we are home things go much smoother and I'm somewhat on top of daily chores. I'd prefer to be home for sure, but I do get out once a week for Levi's music class, maybe every other week a play date out or trip to the playground.

It always seems like someone is sleeping or eating and by the time we get packed up, we've missed our window.

I don't have any friends that are like that. Everyone else is go, go, go all the time and I don't know how they do it. Do you think it's more common to stay home when you have young kids close in age? Or is that just me?

June 19th, 2011, 07:53 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
When my kids were younger i preferred to stay in to keep routine only going out if something fell in between nap times, i hated being out with cranky kids when it should be there nap time, everything ran smoother if we stuck to routine.

June 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Isabree's Avatar Veteran
I do go out with them quite a bit, but only because there is a playgroup that runs monday to friday and fits in with their naps, so it works out pretty good. I really don't like messing with their naps because they get so cranky, and i feel too wore out without a few hours in the day to myself.

Special thanks to Claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!
June 19th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't go out much at all with my twins. I thought it was way too hard because someone always needed a diaper, bottle or nap.

Then once Riley was walking I had two 2 yr olds and a 10 month old. All 3 of them were in too many directions.

I don't think I started really doing a lot until last summer when my twins turned 3. This summer I am pretty fearless and it feels a little strange LOL!

You have plenty of time to "never be home" enjoy the baby and toddler years while you still can.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I prefer to stay home. I hate things that are scheduled. Shopping with DH is about as out as I go right now.

June 19th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
My family and friends know that I will only schedule outings/playdates/shopping trips during a certain window of time. I have actually missed many parties/get-togethers b/c they were too late in the evening, and I've been late to many others so I didn't have to wake the girls up from their naps. It would be ridiculous to have them miss a nap b/c then everyone's day would be ruined with crankiness.

That being said, though, we go out several days awake to the zoo or park or a friends house. I just schedule between the two naps.

Thank you so much, Kiliki, for my gorgeous siggy!!
June 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i usually schedual outings as well...i dont like to be out after 3 because we have dinner at 5 and with dd sleep problems by the time 3 rolls around she is acting out horribly and i dont want to deal with it in public because i get really dirty looks and people say snotty things under their breath about it. so usually in the morning works for us after they have eaten breakfast and woken up for an hour or two.
June 20th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really stuck to my schedule with DS1 for about 15 months, but with the other three I wasn't as strict and they're much more adaptable b/c of it
June 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
We do some of both.

June 21st, 2011, 02:17 AM
mommabirdof4
We don't do schedules/routines...Just go with the flow. I think it has made the kids so much more easy going and a lot better able to deal with changes and the unexpected. If the kids miss a nap they don't get cranky or miss a beat because we just always go with the flow....no day is ever the same.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search