moms who've had 3 under 4

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Any mommies want to talk to me about 3 under 4?

Our boys are 19 months apart and the adjustment from 1 to 2 was tough! Caleb (the youngest) is a dream, easy going and an easy baby all around. Brayden (our oldest) keeps us on our toes, he's our livewire and drama king. We recently found out he's a special needs kiddo, he has sensory processing disorder and receptive language disorder. He has therapy/playgroup appointments 3-4 times a week which makes me more concerned about adding another child into the mix.

DH and I recently decided we want a 3rd (and final) baby. We're both 31 and I said I'd rather do it sooner than later because once we're out of the baby/diaper stage I don't want to go back. Just wondering what challenges you all faced going from 2 to 3 or if it was an easier transition than you anticipated.

June 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my four are born within 29months, its busy but I was busy with one, busier with four---my hardest transition was going from 1-3 and then the fourth got thrown in the mix---which was actually easier than increasing from just one if that makes any sense. You just develop a tighter routine, leave the house less, and do more laundry, really It also helps if dh is onboard and hands-on, I would absolutely not be having #5 under 5 if I had a disengaged dh. Make sure you're both onboard and you'll do fine.
June 21st, 2011, 06:52 PM
mommabirdof4
Well, I am only 8 days into having #3 and #4...we had planned on having #3 and that was it...of course we had a happy surprise by getting pregnant with twins. Now we can't imagion only having 3 kiddos.

My oldest Just turned 3 two days before the twins were born...and my Daughter will turn 2 on July 12th. My first two are 13 months and 1 day apart...and then our second and the twins are 23 months aparts. and the twins are 8 minutes apart...lol

Having 4 kids 3 and under sounds insane but so far it has been pretty simple...of course the twin factor does make it way more complicated. You find a way to make it work...you find your own way of doing things. Having 4 kids in diapers can be a little overwheming but you just find a system that works and run with it. What works for us is being super laid back...we are a no-schedule household and it tooks so much stress out of things. And we get out of the house a lot.
June 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I had 3 under 4 for a year... my kids are now 4, 3 and 1.

I found the first few months very very hard but then my Son (1yr) had colic and was screaming all the time and never used to be happy i think had he been a happy baby things would of been fine.

As soon as the colic settled (6 months) and things calmed down i found it easier I think there is always going to be a time when it gets difficult and then gets easier so if you really want #3 i say go for it!

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

June 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My twins were 3yrs & 2 mths when number 4 was born. My son has an autism dx. There have been some rough days no doubt and I'd say that DH and I are at capacity with what we can handle (there will be no number 5).

I think going from 2 to 3 was the hardest for me, but I also had 20 mth old twins and my son was going through receiving his autism dx.

The therapy part of it is challenging. We had therapy both at home and off site. Be prepared for the closely spaced child to go through some jealousy. It is hard but you have to make all o the kids feel special even though it may seem like your SN child is getting lots of attention. I bring special crafts for my girls to do at OT therapy. My girls have seen the net swing, the foam play cubes, the scooter and all the other FUN equipment at therapy so naturally they don't get why they can't play too.

Just go into it knowing there will be bumps and have the right attitude. I think closely spaced sibs are an amazing gift and I am so glad that we have 4 of them.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My kids are currently 6, 4, 2, & 1. When Amber was born I had a newborn, a 15 month old, a barely 3 year old and a 5 year old. Now I only have 2 under 4, but I did 3 for a year.

June 23rd, 2011, 02:14 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
we are having our third in january and dd is turning four this saturday. we also have another one that is 19 months old. i am DEATHLY afraid of what is about to happen, i am happy yes and excited yes but so so sooo freaked out all at the same time. i also has a high needs child so i think that is why i am freaking out so much. id rather have them all close together though then have to do it all over again every 5-6 years or so. wishing you the best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search