Intro and Question

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Hello Ladies!

I know I have posted in here before been forever but I thought even though I am not on JM much with being busy I wanted to hear some stories.

I am Shayna SAHM to Anneliese (9/22/09) and Adalyn (12/12/10) so they are 14 months apart. I love the gap now!! From day one to 8 weeks was awful but once we switched Adalyn to bottles she was a totally different baby and things have flowed nicely.

We have decided for one more. I want them close again and we are already trying! I am hoping that things flow from 2 to 3 nicely but want to hear stories of how moms of 3 closely spaced do. I am not getting myself into trouble am I? This will be our last one.

Do not mention on FB
July 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! My kids aren't quite as closely spaced as yours (21months, 17months and 17 months apart in age), but I found the transition from 2-3 kids to be a very easy one. For me, the basics were already all set up (as in how routines, meals, bedtimes etc... ran) and that didn't change when we added another into the mix.
July 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear things aren't seeming to be as scary as I think they might be. Good point about already having a schedule and such with 2 and 3 kind of just fitting in.

Do not mention on FB
July 17th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Isabree's Avatar Veteran
Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for asking, i'm thinking of having a 3rd close too but can't decide, so i'll be watching this thread too

Special thanks to Claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!
July 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Hello, my first two are 12 months apart and #2 and #3 are 22 months apart.. i found it really hard going from #2 to #3 but i think it depends on the baby.

Lacey was 1 and Rhianna was 2 when Lucas came along but he had colic until age 6 months, the first few months were awful, he was on antibiotics twice in the first few months for chest infection/ear infection, then we had a hospital trip due to a horrible stomach virus... putting all that aside i think it would of been fine if he was a healthy/happy baby! we couldn't do anything as he just used to scream, the thought of going out with #3 made me want to cry.

Once he hit 6 months things became much easier especially when colic started clearing up the ages now are 4, 3 and 1 and its nice going out as a family and seeing them all play, they are all in the same routine as far as bedtime goes, so we get the evenings to ourself

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

July 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! Alyssa and Rylan are 17 months apart, and Rylan and Sophia are 2.5 years so they aren't really closely spaced. I found the transition from 2-3 in general to be quite easy though!
July 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
my first 2 were 23 1/2 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd babies were 14 months apart and i've got to admit I prefered the closer. now with the 1st having that farther gap he's older... but just still not old enough to be a huge help (he's still 3) but I like to think I would have parented differently if they had been closer and we wouldn't be struggling so much to discipline with him

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search