hey ladies new here

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Veteran
hey ladies, i'm expecting my first child , i have always known i wanted closely spaced kids since forever. . my husband loves the idea too. i have some questions though for those of you who have done it .
i am 26 now and want to have 3 kids by 30 God willing.

1) how did you do this and go to work ? do i have to quit my job or can i go part time ?
2) how did your body recoup? did you work out right before the second one? whats the best way to do this and still get your body back in shape.
3) i want to go for my masters its a 2 year plus program , is that pushing it ?
4) would getting a nanny for the first two years be something i should consider?

thanks i just hope i'm not putting myself in a pot of boiling water trying to do this. i know some relatives or friends will think im crazy, but i've always loved this idea.

July 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I left work when i had my second child.
I didn't work out after my first DD was born as i got pregnant when she was around 11/12 weeks old so i didn't really have time to recover from being pregnant before getting pregnant again.
I put on alot of weight after having two children close together but i lost it after my second DD by doing lots of exercise and healthy eating, it was hard work but i managed to lose alot of weight, i then got pregnant again and put it all back on.. when DS i have just recently lost alot of that weight though again by healthy eating and exercising, when running around after closely spaced children, you tend to lose it anyway, not much time for rest when they are so close.
I am in the uk so not sure on the masters degree etc.
I never got a nanny, even if i could afford it i wouldn't of, it's not as hard as it sounds/looks, it has it's moments but then being a mother everything has it's moments, if you want to stay at work i would say yes to the nanny but if you are looking at giving up and becoming a full time mum then you would do fine on your own i am sure.

Welcome

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

July 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
Now would be a good time to look at your budget and also do a lot of talking about if you want to stay home, if you really want to keep working etc... if you want to be a stay at home mom, at least while they are little and that is important to you then start making changes now to make sure you can do that. Do some looking into the cost of a nanny or daycare so that you know if you can afford to keep working with more than one child in someone else's care! lol. If it looks like you can't afford to give up your income look closer and see what you can cut out. If it is important to you there are a lot of things you can cut to be able to afford it. It also depends what your job is etc... is it safe while pregnant etc... and also how the pregnancies go, if they are relatively easy or if you have a tougher time. With the weight loss question, try to be as healthy during your pregnancies- don't eat whatever you want and gain 50+ lbs as that will make it more difficult to get the weight off than if you eat healthy and gain the recommended amt of weight for your body and lose most of it after the birth before getting pregnant again. With the masters that is up to you... i think if you are going to keep working full time and try to have some children really close together that might be pushing it... but if you stop working and have a nanny then it might be a good time- depends on a lot i guess

[IMG][/IMG]
July 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Veteran
thanks sarah, i'm so excited

i may do the nanny thing because i want to go back to school asap and get it over while working part time or once a week .
decisions decisions decisions

July 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Veteran
yep its all about our budget now mom2zacnmac , i think the best scenario would be to quit work after the second baby is here while going to school.

sometimes i wish i wasn't so ambitious

July 25th, 2011, 12:45 PM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
I love the ing online savings account - it's one account but you can have tons of different "accounts" in that one. You could set up one for new baby expenses, medical expenses, daycare, etc... I would try also drawing up a budget (i love working on them if you need a hand) and then try to put your paycheck you are making now into savings. that way you know you are able to live on one income, and you have a big savings to pay all your extra expenses. I know there is a group on here for budgeting and I also like to use the thrifty forum at diaperswappers.com.

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search