not super-close, but closer than i've ever had and sooo nervous

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i am a sahm to 3. the first two are more than 2.5 years apart, and the next two are 4 years apart. however, this little meant-to-be surprise is coming just days before my youngest son's second birthday. i have never had such little time to raise a baby to toddler/childhood, and prepare for the next, and frankly, i'm scared crapless. how do you all handle it? any tips would be greatly appreciated! my youngest is the most active, terrorsome child i've ever known, to be honest, so it's going to be difficult, and i'm actually afraid that he will HURt his baby sibling if i don't hve my on on s/he EVERY moment. GAH! help, please!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

August 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
welcome and congratulations!!
I am sarah and my children are Rhianna (4) Lacey (3) they are 12 months apart and Lucas (1) the last two are 22 months apart.

We always fear the worst but really it's not that bad when it comes to it, it's never as hard as we imagine it to be, although your son is a terror and hard right now i bet by the time he gets near his 2nd birthday things would have calmed down, and he will also be old enough to understand what you are saying so if he does try to hurt the baby you can lead him into a different direction/tell him off.

My daughter Lacey was just under 2 when Lucas was born but she didn't want anything to do with him for the first 8 months, she just ignored him, it was my 3 year old that kept wanting to pull him about and play etc hopefully he will be ok for you

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

August 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hello, Welcome and Congrats!

I am Tara(25) mom o Dillan 5, Chase 2(3 in Oct) and Brianna 23 months. Chase and Brianna are 11 months apart. I was scared! haha I wont lie but it turned out to be way easier then I thought it was going to be, I kept a good rutine and tried to plan out specials days with the kids individually and so far it has gone smoothly. Chase is a little trouble maker too, always into something, doing something, acting out but getting him involved with not only the baby but things for himself made a huge difference! He is a very rough and tumble kinda child I was very afraid of him hurting his sister espeially with him being so young and not knowing better but he turned out to be very loving and caring towards her.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

August 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I'm Chantelle, mommy to Alyssa (almost 4), Rylan (2.5), and Sophia (6 weeks). It sounds terrifying, I know! My Rylan is the busiest and wildest little boy I've ever seen but he's done so well adjusting to his baby sister and he's so loving toward her, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised
August 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
welcome and congrats...i am having my third baby also in january and i am so scarred to death of the unknown. i dont really have any advice but good luck!
August 17th, 2011, 07:37 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I'm mom to a 5.5 year old, 3.5 year old, 2 year old and 10.5 month old. I agree, your little one just might surprise you! I'm always amazed at how well the youngest one adjusts when their little sibling comes along.
August 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with everyone else my 3 are turning 4 tomorrow, just turned 2 aug 11th, and going on 10 months... and I'm due with #4 in April. I have found that I was pleasantly suprised with how it went each time! my first two are about the same as your youngest will be... Zach turned 2 10 days after Malachi was born. Zach is kinda crazy but he loved Malachi and for the most part was great with him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search