From 2 to 3

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is going from 2 kids to 3 kids as hard as going from 1 to 2 is? I'm starting to think about a third baby but am so busy with the 2 I have. Mine are 19 months apart, ages 2 and 8 months. We probably wouldn't TTC until Jan/Feb next year but I'm not sure if it will be too stressful. Any advice?

I would like to wait until my youngest is 2 to TTC but then the third baby will be way littler than my older two and I'm afraid he/she would get left out all the time. I've thought about waiting a few years and having two more kids but having had 2 sections already I'm not sure I'll be able to have a 4th.
September 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I found the transition from 2-3 to be the easiest of them all

0-1 was the toughest for me. The adjustment to the lack of sleep, to figuring out what to do with a baby, it was all a huge learning curve for me.

1-2 I had guilt issues. I felt guilty that ODD would never have just me and her time again and that YDD would never get the one on one time that I had had with my oldest.

2-3 I had a routine down pat and I had dealt and gotten over guilt issues so the baby was just kind of thrown into the mix quite easily!

My kids are 21 months, 17 months and 17 months apart and I LOVE the age gaps.
September 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I found going from 2-3 really hard, i found it easier going from 1-2! but i think most of it was to do with DS having colic and with having a 1yr and 2yr on top of that, it was hard to deal with i think it depends on your situation and other DC. My children are 12 months apart and 22 months apart and their ages now are 4, 3 and 1.. i find it easier now but still tough at times x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

September 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
mommabirdof4
Well...I didn't go from 2 to 3...I went from 2 to 4...But the hardest hands down was going from 0-1...and that is including twins. I guess you just get used to the choas and lack of sleep...also the work...If you are changing one diaper why not change 3 more **insert sarcasm**.

Our age gaps are 13 months 1 day, 23 months and 8 minutes (lol).
September 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabirdof4 View Post

Our age gaps are 13 months 1 day, 23 months and 8 minutes (lol).
Hahahaha the 8 minutes made me literally LOL. Can't get much closer than that!!
September 1st, 2011, 11:41 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think some things about going from 2 to 3 were harder...going places, not the actual being of those places, but going to them, like literally walking to the car and getting in, that was harder. But some were easier, and the kids entertain themselves more with 3 than just with 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search