Snack Time..?

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Do you have snack time in your house? how often, what do you give? We never really did snack time here but Lucas has such a big appetite, he always wants to eat, i don't know how often i should give him snack, and how much.

September 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
we do 2 snacks a day here, all 3 are big eaters and quite active so I think they need it, and they always eat thier meals.
Breakfast 7:15am
Morning snack 10:15am
Lunch 12pm
Afternoon snack 3:15pm
Dinner between 5-5:30pm

Brianna will have a snack when she wakes up from her nap as long as it isn't past 4pm then she waits till supper. tomes varry depending onthe day and if we are out and about but generaly they eat around those times.
Morning snacks usualy consist of a piece of fruit, cheese, crackers, yogurt, granola bar ect. Aftenoon snack vegis and dip, cheese, crackers, maby some pepperoni, cookie(homemade), muffin ect the kids really like what we call ants on a log I spread peanut butter on celery and top it with raisins also I sometimes put a peice of pepperoni or summer sausage place it on a triscuit cracker and top with a peice of cheese, melt in the microwave for 30 sec or so I have also added pasta sauce on the cracker before the meat for a little triscuit pizza thing they love those!

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

September 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a snack at 10ish. I usually give some fruit and then either a couple rice cakes, homemade muffin/loaf, yogurt, homemade "trail mix" (which is a coupel of the following: different cereals, alphabet pretzels, goldfish crackers, teddy grahams, dried cranberries/apricots/raisins) or a special k bar/bear paw.
September 8th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the input! i am going to give more snack times for lucas (the girls get snack at nursery) and see how it goes

September 8th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Yeah I tend to give the same snack for R as I packed for the girls at school, just makes it easier for me that way!
September 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM
do you supply the snack for school? the children get snacked provided from the school, i never know what they have until they get home lol

September 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
we provide snacks for them at school here, I usualy do the same snack for Chase and Brianna as I do for Dillan too haha so much easier haha

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

September 8th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my four don't get snacks usually, otherwise they don't eat as well for meals

Lucky mother to five!

September 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah they don't provide snacks in schools here.
September 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
mine usually get two snacks a day one between bfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner..its usually fruit, string cheese, raisins, crackers, pirates booty or a pudding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search