Lurking... and I have a question :)

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
My daugther is 6 months old, and we are seriously considering TTC next month. That would mean that our children could potentially be 16 months apart.

My question is, how difficult is it to have siblings closely spaced?

Thanks ladies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Hi Rosie
I think everyone has different views on this but for the most part ladies seem to find it easy i found having a 12 month gap easy, it was no where near as hard as i imagined it to be.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

September 18th, 2011, 06:07 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi My kids are 17 months and 19 months apart and it's been a blast! I think there are pros and cons to both closely and widely spaced siblings. I love the fact that my kids have each other to grow up with and play with which is one of the biggest benefits. I found having only 1 was harder than having 2 or 3 since they all play and entertain each other

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

September 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
mommabirdof4
For me it has been pretty easy...My gaps are 13 months 1 day, 23 months, and 8 minutes...Twins by far has been the most challenging!!
September 20th, 2011, 06:38 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Thanks for the info ladies.... I think we're going to go for it! Of course, it could take a while to get my BFP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 21st, 2011, 10:06 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think the answer is it it depends on how many kids you have, if Courtney and Rock (my eldest) were that close I think it would have been harder than LJ and Amber (15 months apart...the younger two)...they already had siblings so it was no big deal then...

November 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have quite a few that are 14-15 months apart...I really like having them close together. I am already in 'baby mode' so it's just another potato in the pot, so to speak! Good Luck!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I see by your signature you got your wish of having kids close together My kids are 19 months apart and it has been great for the most part! Every age gap has negatives and positives and well I recomend having kids closespaced to everyone, he he!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
November 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Even though i'm late in posting to this congrats! So far for me it's actually pretty easy but i'm still in the very new stages of it.

December 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Super Mommy
There is a 21 month gap between my oldest and my twins and then a 6 month gap between my twins and DSD (we have her full time). It really isn't a big deal. When my twins were born I thought it would be difficult, but having 3 in the baby stage at the same time made it easier as they got older. Plus, they are really good friends (most of the time).
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
December 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have big gaps and really close together. My kids are 21,15,10,3,15 mon, 6 weeks.

when I had my 10 yo the other kids were 4 and 11 and that was easy in one way. The ways it was hard was trying to do simple things like take my kids to a movie. My verson of hell was going to disneyland with a 3, 7 and 14 year old. However an 5 and 11 year old did nice chores, carried in groceries, walked on their own and were big enough to send out to play. Push comes to shove my 11 year old changed diapers and was a great baby sitter!

Now I have a 3 yo, a 15 mo, and 6wo. I would say that it was hardest space is the 3 yo, even having gotten a brother last year when she was two she was easier then. Right now my 15 month old is really easy with the new baby but is it because he already has a sibling? Is he just good natured? Having two babies hasn't been to hard, especially with a lot help from my husband.

January 28th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think its nice having them close even though they fight like crazy and drive their momma crazy! It has so many perks and I love that they will grow up together and know no matter where they go they will always have their best friends right in their own home. Plus the interaction, when its nice, is totally tear worthy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search