Jealousy (and an update)

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2011, 05:03 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I wanted to update to say that dd2 arrived 3 weeks early on 10/24 and that we named her Rowan. Here is a picture.

Darcy has been having i'm guessing jealousy issues and has been really clingy and has had a lot of fits lately. Is that normal and if so how long did that last with your child? Also is there anything I can do to help her? Sometimes she really good about things but then there will be nights like yesterday where she gets so angry about everything.

November 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Congratulations she is gorgeous! how much did she weigh?

Fits? do you mean tantrums by that? its hard at first for them to adjust but it will pass within time, until then try and give Darcy one on one time when you can and reassure her she is still special and you love her very much

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was 14 months when my twins were born. Just make sure Darcy gets lots of love and snuggles and a decent amount of 1 on 1 time. Your li'l girl is gorgeous TFS the pics!
November 7th, 2011, 04:44 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! Don't worry, it WILL pass. Just lots of love and snuggles and trying to overlook the negative behavior as much as possible. The good news is, well at least for me, the 2nd child never gets jealous of the 3rd because they are already used to having a sibling around.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
My DD had a lot of jealousy issues when DS was born, she was 2 and half though. We had to keep her away from him as much as possible because she was really mean and would try to pull on his arms, poke his face etc. We just tried to make sure she had as much one on one time with her father and myself as much as we could. She eventually got over it and now its just normal sibling rivalry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search