Daily Schedule Ideas

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Baby #3 arriving in March, I have been thinking more and more about what the ideal schedule may be given my somewhat strange circumstances. I work from home Mon-Fri from 12p-8p and Aiden and Sophia are both on different schedules for the most part and I know I should try to fix that as much as I can before the baby comes so I thought I might ask you ladies for some ideas or what works for you. As it stands now, Aiden usually is up for the day sometime between 8-9am and Sophia is up usually between 9-10am. They have breakfast after she wakes up and then they play. They usually eat lunch around 1 or so and then they go for a nap between 2-230 and they will usually sleep about 3 hours. Here is where they diverge. They both have a snack when they wake up and then Sophia usually eats dinner between 6:30-7:30. Aiden on the other hand never wants to eat at this time and the fact that he is also a VERY picky eater doesn't help. After Sophia eats and I finish work at 8 they are playing and Sophia goes to bed at 9:30. Aiden will eat anywhere from 8-10pm (this is how long it will take me to get him to eat and usually I have to make him something different) and he goes to bed between 11-1130 and very rarely he has gone a little later. Clearly this schedule is not ideal but me working the weird hours that I do don't help. Any ideas of how/when I should adjust their schedules so that they somewhat coincide with the baby?

DH gets up for work at 7 so if I assume that I breastfeed the baby say at 7am and then every 3-4 hours after that as a starting point? I was thinking I could feed Aiden and Sophia 9-930, BF baby at 10, feed lunch at 12ish, BF baby at 1, nap for Aiden and Sophia at usual time, BF baby at 4, wake kids up after, dinner for them between 6:630, BF baby between 7-8, put baby to bed, Sophia to bed and then when Aiden goes to bed, BF baby and then go to bed myself? Then HOPEFULLY I would only have to wake up once during the night to feed, hopefully around 3am or so.

Anyways, sorry for this novel of a post. Clearly, any advice, thoughts, ideas are appreciated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search