Wasn't planning for another one yet...

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hubby and I had an oops moment not long ago and it's too early to test yet so instead I am on here driving myself crazy!

We didn't use protection but I wasn't worried because I thought I wouldn't be ovulating yet because I had just gotten over my period.
Well the week after that happened, I had very light spotting and got freaked out that it was implantation bleeding. I've also been very tired this week but am hoping this is all in my head!

Our son is 8 months old. My husband wants them close but I wanted to wait longer before getting pregnant again so I have very mixed feelings right now about the possibility of being pregnant. I feel maybe 15% excited and 85% terrified. My sister's two kids are 18 months apart and she has a very difficult time with them! However they are also very strong willed children and her husband's job keeps him away from home most days, but I am still worried about having two so close in age.

In your opinion, what is the best and worst thing about having kids close in age? If I'm pregnant, am I going to be able to handle this?
January 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello!

My two oldest are 18 months apart. I found it challenging when they were very young, mainly because my younger one had acid reflux which we didn't realize until he was 6 months old, and he slept terribly and cried often.

However, as they got a little older, he became a wonderful toddler, and the two have been incredibly close ever since (they are now 10 and 9). They've always had each other.

If you are indeed pregnant, you can do it - but you may need to realize you can't be superwoman (if you're someone who tries to keep a spotless house, make awesome meals all the time, etc...) and rest whenever you can. If you have a good support system in your husband and other family or friends, that would help even more.

January 13th, 2012, 11:42 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there! Sorry our board has been really slow these days

My kids are 19 months and like you we weren't planning on having our kids close together! Finding out I was pregnant again when my daughter was 10 months old was such a surprise ( I was on the mini pill) but the minute I saw my baby on the ultrasound I was in love and I knew it was meant to be! Everyone told me how hard it would be and that I would have my hands full. Luckily for me my daughter was a great toddler and the minute I brought my son home she loved him and we had no jealousy issues. I was already in baby mode so changing 2 daipers, not getting much sleep, and having 2 kids under 2 really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. My daughter just seemed to understand that Mommy was a busy lady and she was really good at entertaining herself why I took care of her brother and my son was a really easy baby so that helped a bunch! Sure we had our hard days when both kids were crying and trying to chase down a todller while holding my son but I just tried to laugh it off and tell myself things would get better and they did! I had a really good routine with both kids napping at the same time and my daugher when to preschool 2 days a week so that gave me a little break with just one kid. I actually recommend having kids close in age because to me the postives outweight the negatives because looking back I can say it wasn't that hard having 2 babies, then toddlers, and now my kids are best buddies and they are almost 4 and 2 years old. I know my daughter didn't get a say in having a sibling but I know we have truly given her a gift of having a brother that she will grow up with and hopefully have similar interests and be best buddies. Some of my friends who had their kids 3 and 4 years apart say they wish they could have had kids closer together like mine are because they say my kids are soo close and that just makes me feel good Ok this has turned into a novel, but best of luck to you and hope you stay on our board.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
February 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Regular
It's great having closely spaces children. My two oldest r 11 & 8. My 3 yr old & 1 yr old are 18 months apart and my 1 & 10 month old r 11 months apart. I love it. It was hard when I was pregnant and having a belly. So is there an update
March 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't had any too close together until now..LOL..I gave birth to my daughter in sept of 2011..and found out several weeks ago I am pregant again..I can't rememer when my period was for the life of me but Im either due early sept..or late august..ahhh..My sister and I were 11 months apart so I know i can do it..but it is a daunting idea at best.Good luck if you are preggers..
March 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I thought having kids so close together would be really difficult but the biggest age gap was actually harder for me. Good luck, you can do it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search