Hey ladies!

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am Erica! I have a son named Peter, who was born in March 2011. DH and I decided to start TTC again when he was 6 months old, because it took so long (and many losses) to get him, so we figured it would take a long time this time too. We actually had stopped trying and had decided to adopt, when I found out I was pregnant!

I honestly wasn't expecting this to happen so fast! I feel incredibly blessed to be given this opportunity. I know Peter will LOVE having a sibling so close in age to him (about 19 months). I have days where I am unhappy though. I am so tired (I am breastfeeding AND pregnant) and I just know that so much is going to change for Peter. I am not ready for him to be my big boy!

Sorry if this doesn't make sense! My point is, Hi, I'm new! I look forward to getting to know you!

March 3rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Erica and welcome to our board! I am soo sorry for your losses but I am soo happy you will be having another baby and close in age too! I also have kids 19 months apart too and I remember that first trimester being really hard and I was soo darn tired! I was also suprised to learn I was pregnant again and I had feelings of guilt and just didn't know how I was going to take care of 2 kids under 2. I remember everyone else was happier for me that I was for myself but once I saw my baby on the ultrasound I knew everything would work out and it has! I don't have any experince with breastfeeding while pregnant but I know it can work out. I had soo many problems trying to breastfeed my daughter but luckyly everything worked out with my son and I am still breastfeeding him and he is 2.5 year old! Having kids close in age has been great and yes you have your hard days being pregnant and having 2 little ones but it is all worth it in the end

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
March 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Regular
Hi erica . Im shannon(April 2011). We're in the same boat with the tiredness, mixed feelings, and not being ready for my baby to be my big girl. Shes still so sweet and tiny. This pregnancy was definently an oops for us lol
March 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hello Erica!

We had three losses after Scarlett, so I have seen you aroubf on the PAL board. We got our Rainbow baby Beau Sept 2010 and our whoops double rainbow Oct 2011. I had joined here because I wanted my babies close (my older ones are far apart in age being 22, 15 and 11 right now) Even though Scarlett and beau are not heroically close at 23 months apart I had the losses so i feel like they should have been closer!!! Now Beau and Tessa are 13 months apart I I do consider that heroic!

Honestly for me my three year old is harder than my one year old! Beau and Tessa are so much easier to take care of the Scarlett and either one of them. I might even say Scarlett alone is hard than Beau and Tessa together!!!!

I completely understand the difficult of being pregnant with a toddler! We all do. In all things your going to have good days and hard days. in the end your going to love having two close in age!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search