4 kids in 4 1/2 years...

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM
lyndileigh's Avatar Regular
So I just found out I'm expecting baby #4 in December. By the time this baby comes my oldest will be 4 1/2. We never planned them so close, but I actually like it this way. My girls are 3,2 & 9 months right now. I have no idea how to tell family we are expecting again because i know the smartass comments we'll get. How did you tell your family you were pregnant ahain so soon after tje last baby? Any advice?

April 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Congratulations!

My family were very happy for us that baby 2 came along so soon. DH's family are a little more conservative and thought it was unplanned. I was dreading telling them as they were not happy for us the first time I was pregnant (we lost that baby).

But, it's your life, not theirs! People will always have their opinions regardless of what you do. Just try to enjoy and ignore any negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Family members and friends will always have something to say when you make an announcement about being pregnant again. You hope it will be supportive but sometimes it isn't especially when you need the support ant don't want to be judged! You might want to wait, if you can, and tell them when you find out the gender?

I must admit before I got pregnant with my son I used to wonder why people had kids close in age and I always thought to myself "why would someone want to have kids close together?" Of course when I fell pregnant unexpectedly I was one of the people who got the looks and comments like "wow she is pregnant again" or "I feel sorry for you being pregnant in the summer with a baby/toddler." I just have 2 kids but I would love to have 2 more close in age again if our financial situation changes so I am sure our family would think we are crazy, lol!

Welcome to our board! Feel free to jump right in!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

Happy Easter from my kiddos!
April 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations!

Lucky mother to five!

May 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Super Mommy
With my 2nd pregnancy, my family wasn't thrilled. My oldest son had just turned one when we found out we were expecting twins. But my family came around once they were born. Now I have 4 kids. My oldest is 8, my twins will be 7 in a few months, and my DSD is 6. Family/friends saw that I could handle everything just fine and they stopped making comments.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran
Congratulations.
I bought myself a maternity shirt that said. "Yes I am pregnant again and yes I do know what causes it."
I really wanted one that flipped the bird and said MYOB. but since I do have children that can read it was the best I could do.
July 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dreaded it, paniced, than sucked it up and ripped the band-aid off and just did it. You know it's gunna suck, but it's gonna happen so just might as well brace yourself and get it over with. With most families, after the initial shock and comments, once it's starts becoming real people start getting over it and excited to meet the new little person.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
July 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Veteran
I will have 4 under 5 and I was worried about telling my family as well. My oldest just turned 5 3 weeks ago, then I have a 3 yr old and a 14 month old. This one is due on Wednesday!

I am wondering how I am going to handle it and continue to work full time.
August 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
diversemom's Avatar Member
Congratulations!!

I had 5 in 5 years ( set of twins in there). When i got pregnant with my twins I was terrified to tell my family other than my mom. My siblings were not very nice, but they got over it!
August 3rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

We have similar spacing. My kids are getting big now though...they're seven, six, four, and two.

As for family, you just have to be happy and confident. If you feel you may not get a good reaction I would honestly tell them by letter or e-mail. Give them a chance to get used to the news before speaking to you, you know? And just remember that if they love you and your current babies, they will love this one too! No one thought we should stop at two more than my mother, but she is still a good Grandma to all four babies.

I sent this poem to my in-laws for #4. Who couldn't be happy after reading this?

Dear Grandpa & Grandma,

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this October;
When they say I am due.
I am your newest grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!
September 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Regular
I have 4 under 4!! 3,2,1 & just had a baby on Aug 30th!! I also have a 12 & 8 yr old. Its hard sometimes with the little ones but i would not change it for anything!! Im sure ull do fine. Congrats!!!
Mommy to 5 girls!! Pregnant with #6! Our baby BOY is due 9-26-2012!!

November 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I had my fourth when my oldest was 3 years 4 months. We actually just didn't tell family we knew would be negative. They found out via the grapevine. We were thrilled and that's all that mattered.
February 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM
Regular
Everyone should be happy, but you know you'll get the "funny" comments, or at least I did. "don't you know how that happens" "dont you own a tv?" blah blah. people think they are funny haha. i love having my close kids!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search