Dealing with judgement?

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sugarloafbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you dealt with any judgement for having kids close together? We haven't announced this pregnancy yet but we found out the day before my daughter's first birthday that we are expecting baby #2. We are excited considering how long it took us to get pregnant with our DD.

I do have a few judgemental people around though and thought I'd see if there were any tips in dealing with them?
June 28th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're happy, that should be enough for them to accept you-it sometimes helps to throw a story out there about how some of us have kids 10months apart, that usually distracts them
July 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
We are expecting baby #4, which will make 4 kids under age 5. I get comments from strangers as well as friends/family. At the store or running errands, I hear "You sure are busy" or "You sure have your hands full". I want to say "Yeah, no $h*t. Thanks for noticing." But I just smile politely and keep walking. When we announce a pregnancy, friends and family will say "Again?! OMG, you guys are nuts" or "You're crazy", and even "Geez, you're a baby machine". Nice, right? My standard response is always "Yeah, well we love having them all close in age. I wouldn't trade it." Just show people how happy you are, and don't let their rudeness or ignorance get to you.
July 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
This will be our 4th kid in 5 years.. when i had the girls (12months apart) i did get alot of how sad it was that rhianna didn't get much attention or time at all before Lacey came along etc i was pretty judged by their age gap

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

July 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are 14.5 months apart and I just try to remind everyone how happy I am to have two kids close in age. I do get a lot of comments, the usual, "you sure have your hands full" and I always respond with "I have great kids so I love it" or something similar. Just showing people you are happy and not overwhelmed, even when you are having a rough day, or both kids are being ridiculous at the grocery store, just smile. Works best and shuts people up!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
July 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DON'T listen to them! The judgmental people are NOT the people you want to be around anyway! You want to cast those people out or ignore them. They are generally the types who will not help you or encourage you when you need it. Most importantly, they will not be raising your children, so who cares about them.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
August 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Ignore judgmental people. They are not worth it.

When I got pregnant with DS, DD was only 6 months old. It took me a long time to get pregnant with her, so when she was 6 months we thought we would TTC. Then WHAM, I was pregnant right away!

Someone I go to church with (yeah, church) said, "oh it was a surprise, wasn't it!" I was like, no..... He was very much planned and wanted.

Last time I saw her she said, "So you're done now, right?" I said that I wasn't sure and we would see how things go...

People drive me nuts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, don't listen to the negative people! My girls are 18 months apart and I constantly have people saying things like "wow you have your hands full" but I also get a lot of "you girls are so cute!". I try to let any criticism go in one ear and out the other and focus on all the positives. When I see my girls laughing together, I am reminded of how happy I am they have each other!
MomTo3LittleBoys likes this.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

February 16th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I got pregnant with my younger girl, everyone was like you just pop one out lol I dont care what they say im happy with my two girls, 3 pregancies close together, have to add my Angel baby.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af 31 Aug nz time
March 23rd, 2013, 11:04 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
My girls are 19 months apart and I have yet to get any rude comments about how close they are in age. Mostly I get all of the how cute they are and asked how old they are.

March 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Don't worry about what they say. My oldest is 2.5 andi have 15 month old twins. I get all the replies wow you have your hands full. Yes we do but you know what it's a lot of fun. And chaos. We are working on number 4 now.
June 23rd, 2013, 03:18 AM
Regular
Yeah, especially when they were younger we would get comments all of the time. It bothered me so bad i got angry. We have 5 kids 8 years apart. They are now 6-14 yrs old and we really dont get it as much anymore when we go out...still some but not bad AND the best thing is I dont CARE anymore!!! Comment away people, it doesnt bother me, these are my children I love them, I am sorry if you dont agree with having 5 keep it to yourself kwim lol! Uhh anyway, yep been there

Need Baby Headbands or Bows? Check out my Site!
www.sweetbabybowtique.com (use coupon code JMS for 10% off!)

♥Serving the Boutique Community Since 2006♥

Like my Facebook page for lots of free giveaways too!
www.facebook.com/pages/SweetBabyBowtiquecom/121209864595773?ref=tn_tnmn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search