thinking about having very closely spaced siblings.

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am currently pregnant. DH has been saying that after this baby he thinks he would like 1 more. If I did agree (and not 100% on board yet) I would like it to be right away...if my body agrees. But I am worried about having two very very close.

Are there added complications to getting pregnant very soon after a new baby (with in a few months)

I will need to have a c-section.

Would i have to stop nursing?

any other comments and advice? I know I don't have to make a decision now. I just know DH and once he gets a though he is hard to dissuade. If it is something I definitely don't want to do I need to tell him soon.

Plus I am pregnant bored and Lying in bed, nothing better to do then research...lol

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
October 15th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I have 2 kids, aged 2 & 3 (13 months apart), but before 1st one, I lost twins at 6 1/2 months. So it was really 3 pregnancies in a row. I did not have any c-sections, so I can't answer your question about that, hopefully someone will chime in.
My daughter was 1 when my son was born, so she never really remembered life without him, and they are pretty close and have fun together.
I nursed her until 9 months old, then my milk sort of quit, but at least I made it 9 months!
You should wait and see how your pregnancy & delivery go, and also enjoy your new baby, then make the decision. We just sort of decided to have 2 close, and so far it is working out great. Good luck, and make whatever decision is right for you.
October 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Regular
I have very close in age kids. Except for my oldest two. My 1yr old and 2yr old are 11 months apart! I also have a 3yrold and my son who is 1 month old! I had the last four right in a row! 2008,2010,2011,2012! When I was nursing my 3yr old I did not ovulate I had to stop nursing to get pregnant. Also with clomid. Each person is different ull just have to see how nursing will affect ur cycles. I didn't need a csection with any of them except for my last baby and that was because he was transverse. But when we tried to conceive my fourth daughter I did have a miscarriage the first month we tried then got pregnant the next month. Same happens to me when we tried to conceive my fifth daughter. Miscarried when I was 2months pp. then the next month got pregnant. I did have my girls and son early not sure if it was cuz I had them so close but my oldest daughter was a premie too. I'm glad I had them close in age. At times it's hard. But it's also fun. They do everything together. Good luck.
Mommy to 5 girls!! Pregnant with #6! Our baby BOY is due 9-26-2012!!

October 22nd, 2012, 02:02 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
my girls are 12 months apart (7th june 07) and (5th june 08) my second pregnancy was easier then my first!! i flew through it, no problems at all during labour either

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search