Log In Sign Up

Abortion Poll!


Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Are you pro-life ro pro-choice?
pro-life 120 51.50%
pro-choice 113 48.50%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #61  
May 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,212
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Well I answered pro-life but that's kind of hypocritical for me, since I DO support the death sentence, the war in iraq ect... I can't say I'm 100% Pro-Life... but I'm 150% ANTI-ABORTION.
__________________


Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #62  
May 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 868
Pro-life.
__________________
http://improvisedliving.blogspot.com/


Tolerance obviously requires a non-contentious manner of relating toward one another’s differences. But tolerance does not require abandoning one’s standards or one’s opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination.
-- Dallin H. Oaks
Reply With Quote
  #63  
May 30th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I could not ask for more.
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 8,162
Pro-choice!
__________________









Reply With Quote
  #64  
June 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: canada
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovadue View Post
I am for life

Me too.. as everyone should be. We were all the unborn once.
__________________
url=http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1403420400][/url]
Reply With Quote
  #65  
June 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
smt smt is offline
Mega Super Daddy
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,587
The fact that we were all "unborn" at one point is not a reason to be pro-life, it is just an emotional appeal that fails to address the difficult questions surrounding the abortion issue.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
August 16th, 2009, 08:52 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,182
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Pro-choice!
__________________

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long





Reply With Quote
  #67  
August 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersh View Post
I need a pro-life, but not anti-abortion choice.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #68  
August 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Gray Sea
Guest
Posts: n/a
I am pro-choice. However, I could never get an abortion. I've never had to, and never considered one. However, I believe in a woman's right to choose.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
August 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
omgzkayla's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 891
hard-core pro-life/anti-abortion
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #70  
August 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 44
I am 100% pro-life. I am as liberal as they come when it comes to everything else, but not with abortion.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
September 2nd, 2009, 12:34 AM
genkigemini's Avatar Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 38
Pro-Choice
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #72  
September 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM
JagersMommie's Avatar Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
I am 100% Pro Life! Babies are so precious....
Reply With Quote
  #73  
September 22nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
smt smt is offline
Mega Super Daddy
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagersMommie View Post
I am 100% Pro Life! Babies are so precious....
What about before there is a baby"? Can you give me a definition of a baby?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
September 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt View Post
The fact that we were all "unborn" at one point is not a reason to be pro-life, it is just an emotional appeal that fails to address the difficult questions surrounding the abortion issue.


I really resent that because I am pro-choice that somehow I'm not pro-babies in some people's minds. I feel that all babies deserve love and respect and also while in mommy. The truth is some babies/fetuses/embryos are not love and respected while in mommy. There are so many babies/fetuses/embryos that are loved and respected that don't make it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyViola View Post
In response to the rest of what you said, it is amazing to me the blind faith that people have in doctors. Not to say we should not have some faith, but doctors are people too. For every story out there like the one you told us about, there is another story about people who went against the doctor's advice and went along with the pregnancy and the not only did the child survive pregnancy, but in many cases the child is still living. No I dont know what its like to have a doctor tell me that my pregnancy is going to fail, but I do know that I would rather take the chance of letting the baby live than to end the child's life based on a negative report from the doctor. At the very least, if I continue said pregnancy and the child does in fact die, at least I would know that everything possible was done to ensure that child has a chance at life. Of course, thats just me.
This statement means so much more to me now. Prior to having my baby, I trusted my doctor's opinion. If my doctor would have told me at 8 weeks pregnant that there was something wrong with my baby, I likely would have aborted too. My eyes were totally opened to that after having my baby. I thought it was because the anti-doctor belief was based on religion. I was wrong. Now that I had my child, I totally understand the lack of science and knowledge in the medical field. I see now that from a scientific standpoint, the doctors aren't right all the time. I do agree that blind faith in doctors is ignorant. Now of course I can't agree with you entirely because I am pro-choice but I did want to get that out there that there are points we can agree with. I have total respect for women who knew that there was something wrong with their fetus before an abortion because doctor's and science can get it right some of the time.

Last edited by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.); September 22nd, 2009 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stavanger, NORWAY.
Posts: 6,428
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I'm very much pro-life
__________________
Anniken - 20 years - Mama to 4 year old -student - Norway


Reply With Quote
  #76  
September 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
JagersMommie's Avatar Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
I am 100% pro life! Babies are so precious......
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt View Post
What about before there is a baby"? Can you give me a definition of a baby?
I belive a baby is a baby when the sperm comes together with the egg=baby.
But even if you dont belive that (which is fine, its personal) if you dont have
an abortion then there will be a baby upon the birth, so therefore Babies are so precious!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
September 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio.
Posts: 11,976
Pro-life, always.
__________________
audrey jane 03.01.08
elliot benjamin 02.02.11
Reply With Quote
  #78  
September 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
smt smt is offline
Mega Super Daddy
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,587
Can either of you three give me a definition of a "baby"? Please also list some attributes of a human baby that differentiate it from other types of babies.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
September 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver metro area
Posts: 2,988
I am no scientist, but when a sperm and egg come together a life is created - it isn't as though we wait anxiously to find out what "type" of baby is growing and developing. The only type of baby a human egg and sperm can create is a human one.
I understand what your argument is - that until a certain stage in development the baby can't really be considered a baby and thus doesn't have the same value as those people who have passed that stage in development. Many people disagree. Many scientists disagree. Many doctors disagree. You many have your own baseline or developmental milestone that you use to determine when you believe the live becomes human but there is no consensus - not in the scientific world, not philosophically, not among different religious communities etc etc.
So, is it that you yourself aren't sure when a fetus should be considered a baby? Are you trying to convince people that what they value as a human life is really just potential life?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
September 28th, 2009, 11:01 PM
JagersMommie's Avatar Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt View Post
Can either of you three give me a definition of a "baby"? Please also list some attributes of a human baby that differentiate it from other types of babies.
I belive a baby is a baby when the sperm and egg come together=Baby!
I dont really understand, why you are wanting "either three give you a definition" Whats the point, you obvioulsy belive the baby must go past a certain timeline to be considered a baby. I simply disagree. "A baby is a baby when the stick turns blue" LOL

I see it as human life being takin away. (abortion) I do respectively understand Medical reasons.
I do not agree with "OOPS" "lets take care of it"
Heres why, When you (general) engage in sexual activity, you (general) know there is a chance that you (general) can procreate.
(get pregnat) So if you (general) know that sex can = baby. (everyone know that, if not why are you(general) having sex?) And you proceed with the sexual incounter. Right then and there you (general) (SHOULD) accept responsibilty, That should a (baby) pregnacy occur you (general) be the responsible adult/parent. (adoption is an option) Take responsibilty for your (general) actions.
( I know that you ( general ) will say condoms break.......blah blah)
I do know that condoms break, in rare cases birth control fails. But you (general) know that CAN happen. There are several options available today. For ex. use condoms and birth control together.
Women can have birth control device insterted that pervent pregnancy for 5 years and can be easilt removed should she want to become pregnant, Vasctcomy. Then list goes on and on.
There are options outside of abortion. If there is an "oops" adoption is a wonderful service.
Is the so called "inconvience" of a pregnacy, so much you cant take responsiblity for you actions. That you would chose abortion as the ONLY option?

Do/would you wonder what color their eyes would be, how their tiny finger would feel wraped around yous, if they would have like Bananas more than peaches, if they would have been a righty or lefty, how it would feel/sound to hear their cry at 3am, the sound of "ma ma" da da" the little sounds they would have made the squeals, and giggle laughs, Do you wonder how it would feel to walk over to thier crib across the hall and just pick them up and hold them in your arms and feel the warmth of their skin the sweet scent from their hair kiss their chubby checks.....

So if you (general) are Pro-choice...meaning you belive in womens rights to chose.
Wouldnt you (general) rather be responsible for your (general) actions Before a situation like this can occur?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0