Would you trust a Dr who

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Knows a Dr in Kansas that does abortions un in the third trimester?
I saw my Peri about my AFP results, he said if the baby did have Trisomy 18 I need to terminate ASAP(If she/he does I want to carry my baby until it passes). So he told me the Dr's in my state won't do an abortion past 20 wks but he knows a Dr in Kansas that will do them up to the third trimester.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
chlodoll
Late Term Abortion Care - Women's Health Care Services, P.A.

It says they perform late term abortions when its detrimental to the women or fetuses health.
April 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjonmom View Post
Knows a Dr in Kansas that does abortions un in the third trimester?
I saw my Peri about my AFP results, he said if the baby did have Trisomy 18 I need to terminate ASAP(If she/he does I want to carry my baby until it passes). So he told me the Dr's in my state won't do an abortion past 20 wks but he knows a Dr in Kansas that will do them up to the third trimester.
I am so sorry to hear about your situation please read my post in the abortion poll thread, I had a friend who recently had a fetus diagnosed with trisomy 18, and now her beautiful daughter is 6 weeks old! God works in great ways!!

But no I would NEVER trust him! I am extremley pro life and really would not trust any dr. willing to perform late term abortions, I read an excruciating article on how these poor babies are terminated and it is heart wrenching for any human to hear about IMO!

I will be thinking of you and your baby!
April 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Yes, I would.
April 25th, 2009, 07:05 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I would yes. They're not forcing me to have one, they're giving me options. It's still MY choice as to what I'd do. And I honestly don't know what I'd do, it's one thing finding out at 10 weeks your baby has no chances, it's another entirely to find out at 20.

I've never heard of a place that won't allowyou to terminate if the child has a horrible condition. Don't most states allow you to induce labor early and allow the baby to pass naturally with no medical intervention other than possibly pain meds? If not... wow, I'm glad I'm Canadian.

btw.. I'm hoping your test results prove false.

MA Cycle #4 - 5 mg Femara. Cd12 Follicle Check/Trigger.
TI w/Instead Cups, Progesterone and Lovonox.
May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1dMe: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity Vitamins started August 2nd.

April 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM
irishxrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartersMommy View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your situation please read my post in the abortion poll thread, I had a friend who recently had a fetus diagnosed with trisomy 18, and now her beautiful daughter is 6 weeks old! God works in great ways!!

But no I would NEVER trust him! I am extremley pro life and really would not trust any dr. willing to perform late term abortions, I read an excruciating article on how these poor babies are terminated and it is heart wrenching for any human to hear about IMO!

I will be thinking of you and your baby!
Late term abortions make up a very tiny amount of the abortions performed in the United States every year, and nearly all of those late term abortions (I'm not sure on the numbers, but last I heard it was something like 98%) were done for MEDICAL reasons. Meaning child was dead or dying ANYWAY, and the mother would DIE WITH THE CHILD if the pregnancy was continued. So by all means, if you ever have one of the excruciatingly painful and sad situations in which your child has died or you will die with the child to give birth and you are so pro-life that you will let two lives be lost and your other children not have a mother, then don't have a late-term abortion. It is THAT serious, late-term abortion is not what people assume it to be thanks to heartless and ridiculous fictitious pro-life proproganda. Late-term abortions are to save the mother's life because the child is already dead or will NOT live at all through birth or past birth. So you're pretty much saying that you'd rather die and leave your other children motherless for a baby that won't survive AT ALL because you think late-term abortions are absolutely horrible?

I don't understand that. At all.

To answer the question, yes, I absolutely would. Late term abortions are not evil or anything of the sort; they save lives - the mother's. With the overwhelming majority of late-term abortions, the child is already gone and nothing can be done to save them... the mother has the choice to either have a late-term abortion or not, if her own life is not at stake, but most late-term abortions, the mother's life is in danger. I see nothing wrong with saving her life, I don't understand why people are so against that and "for" a child that is already dead or dying. I don't get it. Leave it to the mother and her doctor and leave her alone, stop harassing her about being "pro-life" and the baby means everything and her life doesn't.

Argh, I'm sorry this turning into a rant, but I can't stand it when people don't understand what they're debating because they won't research the issue unbiasedly and on REAL sources, and rely only on fictitious and WRONG proproganda from wacky internet websites they found on google.

I also hope that your test results turn out to be false, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.
April 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxrose View Post
Late term abortions make up a very tiny amount of the abortions performed in the United States every year, and nearly all of those late term abortions (I'm not sure on the numbers, but last I heard it was something like 98%) were done for MEDICAL reasons. Meaning child was dead or dying ANYWAY, and the mother would DIE WITH THE CHILD if the pregnancy was continued. So by all means, if you ever have one of the excruciatingly painful and sad situations in which your child has died or you will die with the child to give birth and you are so pro-life that you will let two lives be lost and your other children not have a mother, then don't have a late-term abortion. It is THAT serious, late-term abortion is not what people assume it to be thanks to heartless and ridiculous fictitious pro-life proproganda. Late-term abortions are to save the mother's life because the child is already dead or will NOT live at all through birth or past birth. So you're pretty much saying that you'd rather die and leave your other children motherless for a baby that won't survive AT ALL because you think late-term abortions are absolutely horrible?

I don't understand that. At all.

To answer the question, yes, I absolutely would. Late term abortions are not evil or anything of the sort; they save lives - the mother's. With the overwhelming majority of late-term abortions, the child is already gone and nothing can be done to save them... the mother has the choice to either have a late-term abortion or not, if her own life is not at stake, but most late-term abortions, the mother's life is in danger. I see nothing wrong with saving her life, I don't understand why people are so against that and "for" a child that is already dead or dying. I don't get it. Leave it to the mother and her doctor and leave her alone, stop harassing her about being "pro-life" and the baby means everything and her life doesn't.

Argh, I'm sorry this turning into a rant, but I can't stand it when people don't understand what they're debating because they won't research the issue unbiasedly and on REAL sources, and rely only on fictitious and WRONG proproganda from wacky internet websites they found on google.
I have researched every topic on abortion, late term abortion and all of the medical issues that are the cause for late term abortions, my husband is a "severe situations" (put in normal terms) counselor and I have information far past *google* at my fingertips!

I really can not stand how some people have no regard for the "other" side other the argument, I was not putting down people who choose to have an abortion I was stating MY opinion yet YOU put down people who choose to make their pro life stance on the issue made known. I would never go as far as to say what you believe is based on FALSE propaganda how closed minded of you!

In answer to your statements yes I would leave my son motherless to not have an abortion, and in this particular situation the mothers life is not in intement danger, a fetus diagnosed with trisomy 18 yes, but carrying a child with trisomy 18 poses no more risk than any other high risk pregnancy........ and when I wrote my post I was referring to what the op had said the probable diagnosis was!
April 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChild View Post
Yes, I would.
Agreed. I see no reason not trust the doctor.

April 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartersMommy View Post
I have researched every topic on abortion, late term abortion and all of the medical issues that are the cause for late term abortions, my husband is a "severe situations" (put in normal terms) counselor and I have information far past *google* at my fingertips!

I really can not stand how some people have no regard for the "other" side other the argument, I was not putting down people who choose to have an abortion I was stating MY opinion yet YOU put down people who choose to make their pro life stance on the issue made known. I would never go as far as to say what you believe is based on FALSE propaganda how closed minded of you!

In answer to your statements yes I would leave my son motherless to not have an abortion, and in this particular situation the mothers life is not in intement danger, a fetus diagnosed with trisomy 18 yes, but carrying a child with trisomy 18 poses no more risk than any other high risk pregnancy........ and when I wrote my post I was referring to what the op had said the probable diagnosis was!
I disagreed with your opinion and pointed out that your beliefs regarding "horrible late term abortions" are also disagreeable. That is the point of a debate, yes? Don't call me closed-minded (what a stupid attack, really, I see those types of comments and all I think is "wahhh my feelers are hurt I'm gonna call them closed minded now so I can look like a victim and they can look like the big bad wolf, wahhh" ); it's a debate, and really, it's childish to act like I'm persecuting you for your opinion. I'm NOT. This was posted in the abortion DEBATE board, hence the DEBATE of your OPINION. Jeez, why don't people get that? If you (general) can't handle a debate, then don't debate! It's as simple as that. A debate is debating differing opinions, so don't whine when I do so!

And also, I was not attacking anyone, but it's well known that the wide majority of pro-life websites are biased, unreliable, and oftentimes flat out FALSE when it comes to ANY information within said websites. That does not mean I was putting down everyone with a pro-life stance (jeez, talk about reading into my statement), I happen to have many friends not only on HERE who are pro-life, but also IRL who are pro-life. But they also know that late term abortion is not the big horrible "popular everyone wants to kill their babies in the third trimester" type thing that SOME (key word on SOME, I NEVER SAID ALL) pro-lifers believe. They also don't believe every word about abortion that pro-life websites hand out like candy. They know the REALITY of abortion, and while they may not like late term abortion they know that it has saved a mother's life time and time again, and also given those women who feel they absolutely cannot give birth without completely losing it and having a breakdown, a choice in the matter when their child has DIED inside them... and they understand that, even though they don't have to like it. AND I RESPECT THAT. SO please, stop putting words in my mouth, and please, stop assuming that I'm some evil woman out to get all the pro lifers "making their stance known". Usually, I am a bit more nice about it, but quite frankly this post caught me on one of "those days"...

Sigh.... I apologize if my posts offended you or were hurtful. I am currently dealing with quite a load of stress at the moment so I've been rather irritable lately. I apologize.
April 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Was the comment made in a way that raised a red flag with you or was it said in an insensitive manner? I don't think the association is any reason to not trust the doctor, but it sounds like it bothered you. I don't know much about the diagnosis, but it sounded like he was trying to refer you to a doctor who would allow you to carry the baby for as long as possible.

April 27th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess, the way he said it was very matter of fact "you need to terminate if the baby has T18 even if that means going to Kansas to see a doctor who does termination up into the third trimester", it's like he thinks a woman should terminate anything that isn't perfect.
I believe in ELECTIVE INDUCTIONS when something is wrong with the baby or it has passed not injecting something in the amniotic fluid to make the heart stop. Sorry couldn't do it.

April 28th, 2009, 04:13 AM
GinaB's Avatar Ex-Navy Lifetime NRA!
I am so sorry for your situation. I would trust the dr. Until there is reason not to trust and he is doing what he is allowed, then I would trust him.

I do want to tell you that I was given a 1 in 8 chance my baby had downs syndrome. I went ahead with the amnio and found out she was perfect. I used this website https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...2265188&page=2 and found it to be so comforting and invaluable to me during my time waiting. Please look at all the scares vs the wonderful results people had from being tested. Good Luck!

April 28th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjonmom View Post
Jess, the way he said it was very matter of fact "you need to terminate if the baby has T18 even if that means going to Kansas to see a doctor who does termination up into the third trimester", it's like he thinks a woman should terminate anything that isn't perfect.
I believe in ELECTIVE INDUCTIONS when something is wrong with the baby or it has passed not injecting something in the amniotic fluid to make the heart stop. Sorry couldn't do it.
I just wanted to offer HUGS! I hope everything turns out okay.

May 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 20 weeks because my baby was TRI 18, I was given the choice to have an D&E ( up to 25 weeks in the state of ohio) or even at 20 weeks and beyond I could induce labor.

In reality, most babies with TRI 18, die in utero in the 3rd trimester, so something would have to be done.
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
May 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
No, I sought out doctors who were pro-life for both of my pregnancies. I also refuse to use an OB/GYN who preformed abortions or work in offices that do.

Facebook
May 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3Boyz View Post
No, I sought out doctors who were pro-life for both of my pregnancies. I also refuse to use an OB/GYN who preformed abortions or work in offices that do.

my doctor was prolife growing up, yet when my testing came back with bad news, she did recomend termination because my life and my future were just as important.

but I should add, my sons had a 0% chance of survival.

MA Cycle #4 - 5 mg Femara. Cd12 Follicle Check/Trigger.
TI w/Instead Cups, Progesterone and Lovonox.
May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1dMe: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity Vitamins started August 2nd.

May 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
sounds to me the only thing he is guilty of is having not the best bed side manner. I am so sorry you are faced with this decision and I hope that you find peace.
May 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wanted to let you ladies know my baby girl seems to be T18 free. We have had several U/S that have not showed any markers for T18.

May 17th, 2009, 03:37 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search