Aborting because of gender

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Veteran
I am totally disgusted by the idea that someone would abort a child because of gender. And I don't care what country you live in! But this discussion is mostly meant for our culture where we can have as many kids as we like. This was brought to my attention on another website. A lady was pregnant with her first child. She was having a girl. She wanted a boy, she was disappointed with the girl so she was already thinking ahead to her next pregnancy! To me that says she didn't give a **** about the baby girl shes carrying. Anyhow she said in future pregnancy she would use the intelligender (pee in a cup/ color changes tells you gender) tests and if it determined a girl she would abort til she had a boy!!!

I find this completely outlandish. And disgusting. And very immature! There are many people out there who would love to have a child and can't conceive... or people who want a girl but have boys... and still love them little boys! lol Every child is a blessing no matter it's gender. I understand a mom who has 2 or more kids already of the same gender being a little disappointed about not getting the opposite... but not to the point of aborting!

What do you all think?
December 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy

December 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know of hospitals and doctors that now have a policy to not reveal gender for this very reason.

And is Intelligender even consistently accurate

December 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amegra View Post
I know of hospitals and doctors that now have a policy to not reveal gender for this very reason.

And is Intelligender even consistently accurate
From what I've read it's mostly for entertainment purposes. Because there is nothing in urine that would predict gender. If you do a google search on it theres a lot of debate. I read a story of a mother who took the test 3 times and got 2 boy results and a girl result. I believe the baby ended up being a girl. Of course it has to be one or the other... I wanted to do it "for fun" but the test is 30 bucks and I can think of more important things to do with that money!
December 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Omg Okay first the intelligender is NOT accurate at all. Out of something like 30-40 women who did it in my playroom when we were pregnant 3 yes THREE were correct. That means 37-27 were WRONG. Imagine if all those 27 women aborted their pregnancys

People who abort due to gender make me sick and they do not deserve any children.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
December 13th, 2009, 07:43 PM
.Froggy.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★mamaof3lilrockstars★ View Post
People who abort due to gender make me sick and they do not deserve any children.

Thank youmisfitnm 4 my siggy. PRO-LIFE mommy!! 4 month ECB milestone!!

December 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Veteran
If a woman aborts a child due to gender... I hope they have trouble conceiving after wards and can't get pregnant again! It would serve them right... It would be like god smacking them! lol "Take what you get or you don't get any"
December 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I agree... A child is a blessing no matter what gender.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
December 13th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I think it's SICK.

December 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Just to fuel your anger...

Quote:
According to data analysis, Surrey is just one part of the country that exhibits a significant deviation in the standard boy-girl ratio. Further evidence, including interviews with doctors and clinic workers, suggests a plausible reason: sex-selection abortions. Canadians are deliberately terminating pregnancies where a girl is expected, in hopes of having boys.

It's a practice that's common in certain countries and cultures, but it's never been reported on here. In China, the one-child policy in place since 1979 has highlighted the cultural sexism there, as millions of parents are careful to ensure that their one permitted child is male. The result: In China, there are now an estimated 80 women for every 100 men.
Canada's missing daughters
There is tons more information in this article that is worth reading.. Awful, isn't it?
December 14th, 2009, 06:12 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I can't even make myself respond.
December 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Well, I agree with everybody else - it is horrible. I must say though, it does not surprise me in the least. We live a world where human life is not valued. People have abortions all the time if their child is not "perfect" and these women just see a baby boy as being better or more valuable than a baby girl. We also live in a society where there is pressure to only have one or two children and so it follows that people would not want to "waste" their one and only child on a baby who would not be "perfect" in their eyes. Seriously - does that really surprise any of you? It is just as horrifying to me a woman would abort a baby with down syndrome.
December 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★mamaof3lilrockstars★ View Post
Omg Okay first the intelligender is NOT accurate at all. Out of something like 30-40 women who did it in my playroom when we were pregnant 3 yes THREE were correct. That means 37-27 were WRONG. Imagine if all those 27 women aborted their pregnancys

That's what I thought, I just didn't want to proclaim it completely inaccurate without knowing for sure, and didn't want to go searching last night.

To the OP - tell her that if she really doesn't want a girl to give the child to a couple who is desperate for ANY child and will give the little girl the attention and love she deserves.

December 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amegra View Post
That's what I thought, I just didn't want to proclaim it completely inaccurate without knowing for sure, and didn't want to go searching last night.

To the OP - tell her that if she really doesn't want a girl to give the child to a couple who is desperate for ANY child and will give the little girl the attention and love she deserves.
I would, but she deleted her post shortly after the bad comments started flowing in, and I think she got run off.
December 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
That is craziness.

December 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
aussiemummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellaMarie View Post
DITTO! Be grateful with what you have. A child is a blessing regardless of the gender.
December 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Veteran
Glad this is no real debate.
December 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
wow... I'm VERY pro-choice but this just saddens me.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 15th, 2009, 09:18 AM
lilflower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDG View Post
Well, I agree with everybody else - it is horrible. I must say though, it does not surprise me in the least. We live a world where human life is not valued. People have abortions all the time if their child is not "perfect" and these women just see a baby boy as being better or more valuable than a baby girl. We also live in a society where there is pressure to only have one or two children and so it follows that people would not want to "waste" their one and only child on a baby who would not be "perfect" in their eyes. Seriously - does that really surprise any of you? It is just as horrifying to me a woman would abort a baby with down syndrome.
That breaks my heart. My little sister has Downs. I can't imagine her not being here just because of her genetic make-up. And for it to actually be ONLY gender oriented in the OP makes me SICK. Honestly, truthfully, SICK.
December 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflower View Post
That breaks my heart. My little sister has Downs. I can't imagine her not being here just because of her genetic make-up. And for it to actually be ONLY gender oriented in the OP makes me SICK. Honestly, truthfully, SICK.
I haven't personally known anyone with downs. Are there different levels of it? What is the quality of life like, and the level of understanding?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search