Your Stance

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
Pro-Choice 92 51.11%
Pro-Life 77 42.78%
Other (please explain) 11 6.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 11:38 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted other because I am sort of on the fence really. I think there are so many different ways to feel about some aspects of abortion. I wouldn't have an abortion if I fell pregnant by accident but I think I would if it was a product of rape. This may make some people mad but I think depending on the type of disability that I might abort then too. I can't know that for sure yet because I have never and god willing, I will never be in the position to have to make that decision. I feel that women should have the choice to get an abortion if they want to but I also think partial birth abortion is horribly wrong and should never be performed. There may be reasons for it but not many that I could fathom or that would need to wait for such a late stage to be discovered. I also don't think that it should be used as birth control. I know this is not typical but I can't stand the idea of women having sex unprotected and then just going and getting abortions when they fell pregnant as if it was just a standard, no big deal simple procedure. I knew someone like that once.

May 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Pro choice
September 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
If we are talking strictly about abortion (not capital punishment) then I am pro-life. What I find interesting about this debate is that it is being argued by people (on both sides) who had the opportunity to be born.
September 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Pro life.
Paul: 08/2272008
Johanna: 09/11/2012
October 2nd, 2013, 12:43 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depends on the situation...
I am pro choice when it comes to rape or something like that.

October 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted pro life both on this poll and the polling place. Killing a child in the first trimester is no different from killing a child in the second or third trimester. It's still the same child. My daughter at 6 weeks gestation and 6 weeks old (now 22 months- I can't believe how fast it's going!) is and always will be my daughter. She is not my body and never was and never will be. I loved the comment someone made about those who are debating here were all given the opportunity to be born.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

February 12th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Veteran
Pro-Life

February 13th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose other because I, personally, am very pro-life. i do not agree with abortion. but i do feel, however, that it whould be legal because whether its legal or not women are still going to feel desperate enough to do it and do it by any means whether thats using a coat hanger or what have you so they should atleast be given a place where they can atleast protect themselves from invection and lessoning the rist of losing their life as well as the baby's
Spider123 likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

April 9th, 2014, 04:37 AM
pro life
April 9th, 2014, 04:37 AM
pro life
April 9th, 2014, 07:56 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i am prolife, to a point.

i don't think woman should use it as a last ditch effort due to carelessnes. i.e. not chosing to use any form of birth control.

i don't think people should be having recreational sex without a back up plan in case pregnancy is to happen (back up plan NOT being abortion).

i don't think woman should use it as an excuse because "he wouldn't use a condom" or "his condom broke" etc. we shouldn't be putting out sexual health in the hands of men to begin with.

i do think though if a woman is raped, or in a dangerous violent situation (like an abusive husband) that it would be ok.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
April 9th, 2014, 08:45 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I'm as pro-life as it can get. For myself there is no reason to end the life of your child. It's not my body that is affecting but the life of my son or daughters. After having my two daughters just the thought of the myself willingly arranging for either one of them to be aborted makes me sick to my stomach. I see it as no different as if you would walk your 5 year old child into the dr office years down the road and have them go through the same process your unborn baby would go through if he or she was still in the womb. I love my girls as much as I did when they were inside of me and I will always do what I can to protect them, that's my job as their mother. If it's a life and death situation for myself I would give my last breath to bring my angel into the world. I know everyone has their own reasons for what they do or what they believe, that is just my view point on it. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion on it and no one could every alter mine. God has blessed with my little angels and I trust He knew what he was doing.

Last edited by MommyofAngels1985; April 9th, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
April 12th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
Obligatory other since I can't check "both".

I believe that more people would choose to raise unexpected miracles if society supported that choice instead of stigmatizing it.

I also believe that more lives would be lost if Roe vs Wade was overturned and terrified teens had to resort to coathangers and back alleys again.

Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it

My own lost-and-found loved ones were not adopted out to save their lives; they were adopted out to punish their mothers.

Last edited by Spider123; April 12th, 2014 at 07:54 PM.
June 4th, 2014, 09:18 PM
zcodm's Avatar Member
Pro-Choice for others, I think that each person should have the right to decide for themselves.

Personally I couldn't do it, I couldn't take the emotional torment I have seen people close go through because of regret. I think that killing is killing and even if I had been raped I would keep the child, it is not the childs fault.
I have watched people close to me not be able to conceive and personally I would much rather adopt out a child to a loving family whom desperately wants a child they cant have rather then abort if the situation came to a choice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search