Your Stance

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
Pro-Choice 92 51.11%
Pro-Life 77 42.78%
Other (please explain) 11 6.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
*shrug* I gave you my opinion.
fair enough. I certainly can respect the consistency.
June 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
It wasn't meant to be snarky, just a response that's equally not backed up. Plus, I didn't call YOU ignorant, I called the position to see abortion as murder to ignorant. I don't think I'm wrong to believe that because abortion means many things, murder means many things and ignorant means many things. For example, is God a murder for making miscarriage happen then? Is OB/GYN's murderers because they perform the so-called murder?
Not backed up? It's my opinion...sorry I don't have links to that.

ETA : I don't believe in God and whoever performs the abortions, yes. I consider them to be commiting murder too.
June 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dayna~ View Post
Not backed up? It's my opinion...sorry I don't have links to that.

ETA : I don't believe in God and whoever performs the abortions, yes. I consider them to be commiting murder too.
I didn't say you needed links to back it up so you're wasting your time there. I do believe in asking questions to understand your stance which is why I'm glad you're at least starting to do that.

If you feel doctors that perform abortions are committing murder, do you agree with the killing of those doctors?
June 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
No, I don't agree with killing them. Nor do I believe they should be arrested because abortion is legal.
June 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
No, I don't agree with killing them. Nor do I believe they should be arrested because abortion is legal.
Do you think it should be legal since you believe it's murder?
June 20th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I don't know. I want to say that yes, make abortion legal. But then there would be alot of women probably dying from backyard abortions etc. I don't know if I could deal with all of that either.
June 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
I don't know. I want to say that yes, make abortion legal. But then there would be alot of women probably dying from backyard abortions etc. I don't know if I could deal with all of that either.
Well, I can understand.. It's just that if you strongly feel abortion is murder and you recognize that the other choice is women dying in backyard abortions, wouldn't a mom getting an illegal abortion and then dying be the better choice as a fetus/baby is defenseless as compared to an adult making a choice?
June 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't be happy with the mother dying either. A life is a life.
June 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
I wouldn't be happy with the mother dying either. A life is a life.
Well of course you're not happy with it but I'm saying the woman had a choice, unlike the fetus/baby.
June 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I still don't see the mother dying as a 'better choice'. I know where you're going with this and I understand what you're saying.
June 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
I still don't see the mother dying as a 'better choice'.
I didn't say the mother dying was a better choice and I didn't say that abortion was murder. So if you feel that aborting is murder yet recognize the alternative is for women to die in a backalley abortion, how can abortion be murder in the first place?
June 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Because you're taking a life. It's pretty self explanatory.
June 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Because you're taking a life. It's pretty self explanatory.
When you wipe off the germs on your kitchen counter, are you a murderer for taking life?
June 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM
*sighs*

I'm done. You're giving me a headache. Bash away if you wish but I can see why people argue with you.
June 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
*sighs*

I'm done. You're giving me a headache. Bash away if you wish but I can see why people argue with you.

I'm not bashing.. just figuring out your argument.
June 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It's simple really. My argument is - although I don't agree with abortion, I don't know if it should be made illegal because then women will be dying in backyard abortions. I know that I wouldn't ever have an abortion myself, some of my friends have and I've done nothing but support them. Their body, their choice. I don't think the babys life is anymore important then the mothers life and vice versa. I think everyone should have equal rights, but I also realise that's probably not possible.

I suck at explaining so that's as good as you'll get from me
June 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
It's simple really. My argument is - although I don't agree with abortion, I don't know if it should be made illegal because then women will be dying in backyard abortions. I know that I wouldn't ever have an abortion myself, some of my friends have and I've done nothing but support them. Their body, their choice. I don't think the babys life is anymore important then the mothers life and vice versa. I think everyone should have equal rights, but I also realise that's probably not possible.

I suck at explaining so that's as good as you'll get from me
I just want to make sure that even with the explanation above, you still consider abortion murder, right?
June 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by prantastic4 View Post
When there comes a time, or shall I say if there comes a time that I don't want to have children, I suppose I will use some form of protection. Whether that be the pill, or patch, or natural family planning (I'm sure there are tons of options). But even if it comes up that I become pregnant, I will carry out the pregnancy, because I think that pregnancy happened for a reason. I was "responsible" enough to have intercourse, and created this life, so I will carry out this pregnancy, and welcome this child.
You may want to think carefully about using hormonal birth control if you are staunchly pro-life. While it usually suppress ovulation, that doesn't always happen, but the back-up mechanism makes the uterus inhospitable for implantation. In other words, you can conceive while on hormonal birth control, but the birth control could essentially induce an abortion by not allowing the fertilized egg to implant.
June 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
prantastic4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu Bacon View Post
You may want to think carefully about using hormonal birth control if you are staunchly pro-life. While it usually suppress ovulation, that doesn't always happen, but the back-up mechanism makes the uterus inhospitable for implantation. In other words, you can conceive while on hormonal birth control, but the birth control could essentially induce an abortion by not allowing the fertilized egg to implant.
Thank you for that advice! I honestly know nothing of BC because I've never, ever been on it. Natural family planning will probably work best for my family. We only get pregnant when we are trying.
June 20th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Tofu Bacon
When the time comes, I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I've been using NFP for 10 years and it has been very successful for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search