New law RE: pregnancy and birth defects

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiex2 View Post
I just find it sad that you take a debate so personally that you need to write about it on your blog. I don't know you, but I never had an issue with you, even though we don't agree in our political views. But, that doesn't mean I am going to run off and post some hateful remarks about you or your kids on my blog. Or hateful remarks about you and your husband on my facebook page. You don't even know us! I don't get why you all are always so interested in me and my husband.

I mean, seriously. I grew out of telling my diary all my "I don't like so-and-so because they are mean to me!" when I was in junior high.

Again, i'll just point out that this is my blog where I post about things/people/laws/family that bother me. Now I recently started that one, I have another that has years of blogs like this about anyone and anything that bothers me - do you want to read that one too so you can have a hissy over the things I posted? I can promise you just about every last blog I have will upset you because I am so far on the other side of the fence from your opinions. See, instead of doing crap like this and going back and forth with you, I just get out my frusteration out on my blog and I'm done with it, it gets things off my chest and I can move on and not give two craps of what anyone says. The fact that it's linked to my profile never even crossed my mind, it's been that way forever- not that I care that you took the time to go to it and read my blogs (although it is a big stalker like considering we're not really "friends") and have taken the time to point it out and share it with people on here (and you're calling me childish). But it's there and I really don't care who reads it (hense being linked to my profile and public). I didn't say names or where this happened. Like SJ said... I could have had this same debate with a billion other people.

It's just simple... I blog to vent instead of getting angry and taking it out on people on message boards. If you took it personally, that's your problem.

Facebook
May 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDG View Post
haha! whatever makes you feel better!
you said: "You can't sue the doctor because you did decide to abort, did not decide to abort, etc"

Where does the bill say anything about not being able to sue?
Where does the bill say anything about any situation post abortion?

that is incorrect and basically proved my whole point that people were trying to debate the issue without being informed. So.....it pretty much goes without saying that a real debate can't take place but it also goes without saying those who aren't interested in the facts of the bill also aren't really interested in having a true debate!

I'd love to continue a discussion with anybody who has actually read the words of the bill and understands what the words mean.

Whatever makes me feel better? I share this interpretation of the bill with several members of congress and some lawyers I post on on another board who've been through it with me. But now it's all of the sudden 'whatever makes me feel better'? If you can't drop the aggression about the words of the bill and discuss those words without having massive attitude about those words this isn't going to be a discussion worth having. Sheesh, when's Lent again?

I'm not going to discuss what Rose said about me. I'm only going to say that running from a debate and then running to your blog which is linked in your siggie to call names is bad bad, passive aggressive form. At least have the balls to be totally aggressive, like my friend here who's so hung up on woooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddds ssssssss

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
May 5th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I did not one mention YOU or anyone else on my blog specifically. I didn't run away, I just wasn't going to argue my point over and over and over again... it's like hitting your head into a wall - all you get is a headache. I'm not going to be called names and put down just because I don't agree with you or anyone else for that matter. And I'm not going to keep going until it just turns into a "tear them apart" party - which I have seen time and time again on this board, instead of debating people just get mean. I know when to quit. My blog is my vent page, I vent when I don't like something. Yesterday was abortion and what I feel is crazy opinions about it, tomorrow might be... cancer or my crazy uncle, who knows? Regardless, it's my right to blog about it, whether you take offense to it or not. So if you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple.

Facebook
May 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Look! Words! The words of the BILL!!

Quote:
C. In a wrongful life action or a wrongful birth action, no damages may be recovered for any condition that existed at the time of a child’s birth if the claim is that the defendant’s act or omission contributed to the mother’s not having obtained an abortion.
If a doctor intends to omit a defect because they think you may abort based on that defect, he is immune to legal problems. I think that's pretty straight-forward. And I think that's a ****** law. You seem to think that's all sunshine and puppies. Fine. We can have a difference of opinion without you behaving as I'm some uninformed jerk. Again, I know lawyers who agree that activist doctors lying without repercussion could easily be a side-effect of this law. Hell, the ARTICLE Gina linked to admits that this passage is tricky. We're not manufacturing outrage because we luv to get angry about abortion for the lulz, and I resent your nasty attitude.

Last edited by MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty; May 5th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
May 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3Boyz View Post
I did not one mention YOU or anyone else on my blog specifically. I didn't run away, I just wasn't going to argue my point over and over and over again... it's like hitting your head into a wall - all you get is a headache. I'm not going to be called names and put down just because I don't agree with you or anyone else for that matter. And I'm not going to keep going until it just turns into a "tear them apart" party - which I have seen time and time again on this board, instead of debating people just get mean. I know when to quit. My blog is my vent page, I vent when I don't like something. Yesterday was abortion and what I feel is crazy opinions about it, tomorrow might be... cancer or my crazy uncle, who knows? Regardless, it's my right to blog about it, whether you take offense to it or not. So if you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple.
You have a perfect right to your blog. You do. And I have a perfect right to say that it's bull**** to have that sort of thing right on your sig if you're going to use it to complain about other members. You've created a place for yourself where other people can read about all the people you hates pwecious and no one gets the forum to respond to that. That's not fair to your fellow members.

But don't let me stop you. I'm not clicking on your blog and could give a crap less what you choose to say about me. I think at this point, the people around here know me well enough not to be swayed by anything you put up there.

May 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Could someone PLEASE point out where I used anyones name? I'd sure appreciate it because I certainly don't see it! From where I stand there are dozens of people who have said similar things that my blog *could* be about.

What I'm saying is that debating here DOES turn into name calling, threads being shut down, people being banned - and I can tell you for sure they don't do that because everyone is playing nicely! I leave before it gets there.

And another thing - if my blog is so "junior high" then why didn't you just send me a private message asking me about it instead of spamming it here and making a bunch of... junior high drama? Until you "accidently" clicked my link (which I find kind of hard to believe considering how small it is), I can tell you for a fact not a single soul other than myself and maybe a handful of close friends (that would be fine with my blog) would have read it.

And who mentioned your husband?? Where and when?

Facebook
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search