Weekly theme: Marriage

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 11:06 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
How does your dh/SO feel about abortion? Does that position influence your position? Has that position caused friction in anyway?
June 2nd, 2010, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
DH agrees with me that it should be a woman's choice. Neither of us influenced each other, we just found out when discussing it that we both agreed.

June 2nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO doesn't really like the idea of abortion, but he also understands and agrees that it is a woman's choice. He will never be in a position to have to make that decision for himself....
His thoughts on it won't change my thoughts on it...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

June 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I am very pro-life. When we first go together we were walking and asking each other questions. I asked what he would want to do if we were to accidentally get pregnant. He replied with he wouldn't be against considering abortion. I politely informed him that I wouldn't view that as an option for me. He said "ok" and that was that.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
His views align with mine. There are certain circumstances when it's the better choice, but for the most part it's a thumbs down. I don't know if he'd ever vote to make it illegal... but I doubt it.
June 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our views are pretty much the same. We're both pro choice.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
June 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
He's 100% pro-choice and as am I. We don't conflict in any way about our views thank goodness. If we had things probably would have been a lot different.

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*
June 3rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
he is just as pro-life as I am. he isn't as vocal or active just because he has other passions.
June 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Tofu Bacon
He's more firmly pro-life than I am, but we've had some really good discussions on the subject, which has opened his mind quite a bit.
June 3rd, 2010, 07:13 PM
chlodoll
DH is pro-choice. I don't think its something he gives a whole lot of thought to though!

If I were to become pregnant now I would likely have an abortion for medical reasons and he knows this and agrees.
June 4th, 2010, 02:14 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is pretty much like me on this. It would be a big fat no for us for any reason other than something life threatening, but he think we can't push our beliefs on others. Our only difference is that I think I would carry a pg that was life threatening to me if the baby could be okay & he would adamantly not want me to. I just truly hope this never comes up for us & I wish it never came up for anyone. I have had zero health problems in pg so far - so I hope that is how it stays!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of us are pro-choice, and I don't think our relationship would have gone this far if he wasn't pro-choice. There are a few values I don't compromise on in a relationship, and abortion is one of them.
June 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
He is pro-choice, as am I. We both also accept that it's up to the female to either get one or not, since the female's body is the one hosting and all. I do not believe we would be so harmonious if we disagreed on this issue.

June 5th, 2010, 10:42 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're pretty opposite actually. His ex had an abortion awhile before they broke up (he knew about it, she didn't do it on the sly or anything). I am not necessarily pro-life, but I could never have an abortion myself. I know he would not have a problem if I had made that choice, though.

It doesn't really affect our relationship, though.... he never made the suggestion when I got pregnant (even unexpectedly). It's just like some political beliefs and other issues we disagree on. It's interesting to hear both sides, and we respect each other's opinion.

June 13th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
We're both very pro-choice. It works out.
June 19th, 2010, 06:56 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are fairly similar. Neither of us would have the heart to abort our own, but believe it is a useful option for individuals and society. Though he is prochoice I think he is more prochoice based on circumstances and more judgmental of those who do choose to have an abortion than I am.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search